Help docs gave me loads of meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been cutting from 200 to 150 of setraline and 4mg to 3mg of diazapan. Which I have been on for 8 years.

Went to doc Friday and he gave me 30 mirtazapine!! To be honest I did see the dose, last two days been vague anxiety and pain. I don't trust his decision they want to ween me off the setraline and diazapan but this seems excessive

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That seems right for cutting down to go the next dose down what your probably experiencing is withdrawal with the increased aniexty then from starting the new meds this will pass its just getting through it and taking each day as it comes. I have been through sertraline withdrawal myself cold Turkey due to serotonin syndrome wasn't nice but luckily it doesn't last very long so hopefully you will feel better quickly. Think it was just over a week x
    • Posted

So u think I should take 30? By your logic to counteract the withdrawal of others
    • Posted

Take what your doctor told you to take if he said 30mg then yes it should stop withdrawal syptoms swapping meds then coming off them completely. Matazapine 30mg is the second dose the lower dose of 15mg is used mainly for sleep problems but most will need the 30mg or 45mg for depression/aniexty x
  • Posted

Personally Mark I'd go back and see you doctor for another alternative.

Discuss your concerns with him,then make your own mind up.

your body your health your decision 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.