Help! External hemorrhoid surgery stitches (should i remove?)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

For those experienced, 2 weeks post external hems op (no internal), during first week, some stitches drop (not dissolvable)

Now when i look to mirror theres still about 4 stitches around anus (with swelling like lumps as well)

Should i try to pull the stitches or wait for it to drop? Its like a little loose and tickling.

Will the swelling lumps go awaythanks!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ginza , I'm sure the swelling will go down , but dont be tempted to touch those stitches . As tickly as they might be , dont risk it , let them take their course . Good luck .

• Posted

I wouldn't advice removing them too. it may make matters worse. what did your doctor advice on suppositories? I found of help in soothing the pain but mine wasn't surgery. just had internal and external hemorrhoids.

• Posted

I wouldn't advice removing them too. it may make matters worse. what did your doctor advice on suppositories? I found of help in soothing the pain but mine wasn't surgery. just had internal and external hemorrhoids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.