Help for Blepharitis...new product to try.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just trying to get the word out that Neutrogena Oil Free Eye

Make-up Removier has Benzathonium Chloride in them so

I bought some and tried since you can safely put in the eyes

and my eyes are a lot better.  I was leery of continuing to use

the Wet Ones since they dried my lids so badly and was never

comfortable about putting in my eye.   The Benzathonium

Choride is listed as last ingredient and in the U.S. ingredients

are listed as most to least in product.  They come in pads

and I cut to make 4 pads and wipe eyes twice a day.  It

says o n package that you can just leave on eyes but I do

wash off after about l5 or so minutes.  It might not be a cure

but my eyes sure feel a lot better.   I don't know if you can

get this product in UK but U.S. sufferers might be helped.

I've had Bleph for about 25 years and it gets worse all the

time.   This product is not real expensive so worth a try.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Faye,  Many thanks for the recommendation.  I have sent off for some on Amazon as I could not find it in the local shops.  I am always willing to try different products, anything to get help with Blepharitis!  Will let you know how I go.

Warmest Wishes

Jacqui 

• Posted

I looked at package again and it didn't say eye make up,

just said make-up remover but will still use, just wash off after l0-15 minutes.  It's working for me a lot better than Wet Ones and I think

it is milder.  I'll be curious if it does as well for others so please

keep me posted......

• Posted

Remember faye that "The Benz" is formerly an industrial cleaning product and when very , very diluted , used to keep things bug free . Unfortunately killing ALL bugs ( bacteria ) can upset the balance and won't always work to your advantage . About 6 months ago I thought I'd got rid of bleth but started a cautionary just once daily use of wet wipes( for the first time ) , and the blepth came back with a vengence ! We all need a good healthy balance of various bacterias all living happily together on our skins , the trouble comes when there's a serious imbalance which usually means the biggest and baddest get overall control . Not bad at all now , controlled with blethagel cleaning product and cutting yeast products from my diet . ( No bread , no ale ! ) Plenty of omega 3 foods such as Salmon , and flaxseed with bio-cultures added . Our own immune system is the most powerful force against fighting the dreaded bleth .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.