Help for bloating?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have so many symptoms of peri that it would take a day to list them. I think though the one that is annoying me the most is the bloat factor. A while ago I was making green shakes in the hope of using certain vegetables as natural diuretics. Has anyone else tried this with some success? Or, if not please any other remedies that can help with bloat would be appreciated. I am very 'down' at this time and so exercise is not easy although I realize it would or might help. I am so uncomfortable. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Callianne.

Sorry about your discomfort...

Well the hard way is: no dairy, no wheat/gluten. That's the best policy.

Then a few supplements (I'm sure you already know this...):

- lactobacillus acidophilus;

- fennel;

- activated charcoal

Any of these will reduce your symptoms. Liver cleanse also helps (milk thistle).

Take care. X . T.

• Posted

Hi how are you? hope the following might offer some help for you, chamomile tea, fennel seeds in a meal...chewed or made into a tea, warm water with lemon, ginger...in a meal or made onto a tea, peppermint tea. I've tried chamomile & peppermint, found them calming n soothing. Another natural remedy I' ve tried for settling n soothing the whole digestive tract from mouth to other end( doesn't cause the 'runs' lol) is Slippery Elm powder, made with warm milk, can add honey or cinnamon or ginger for flavour & added soothing effects. Do hope you find something that will give relief. Take Care 😊
  • Posted

have you tried a probiotic??  you can get them in pill form or eat them in yogurts, and breakstone has a cottage cheese with probiotics. 
  • Posted

Hi callianne

I have tendencies of bloating a it could be the salt intake. Maybe you need a laxative to help let it out or probiotic. 

Lay low on salty foods and drink plenty of water that will help. Sometimes it could be just water weight gain 

• Posted

this is true.  i've been doing very well on not eating sugar or processed foods and today i had a sandwich from a diner and i think the salt in the processed meat has caused a little swelling tonight.  when your body's not used to something it sure will let you know in a hurry!
  • Posted

Hi Callianne, I do get bloated every month before my period, but it is getting way better. It used to be exTRAORdinay. I keep a check on my iron levels, I don't drink caffeine, sugar, alcohol (but I didn't much before, either). I think it was the progesterone cream that sorted me out. However, it is kinda controversial, so talk to your doctor about it, if you decide to try it. Mind you, different doctors will say different things.

• Posted

Hiya

I shall follow this thread with interest as I too have all these symptoms!

Found TheresaJS's reply spot-on: I'm taking all those already but with little proper relief sadlysad

noticed fennel getting a mention here. Haven't tried that yet as I hate taking meds of any sort so can't see myself 'adding' to the things I'm already taking.

If anything I think I will drop the charcoal = actually gives me a gut ache!!

Have started making my first drink of the day hot water and lemon juice. Age-old 'cleanser' that did work......for a day or so! I'll continue tho' as its a good friend for the liver.

Don't think I joke about having a cast iron gut - I'm rarely sick or get the trots, but am constantly constipated - maybe my greed extends to not letting go of the waste too:-) !!!! Think good ol' stress plays a major role - and I've experienced lots of that in my 54yrs (very little directly related to me/us, ironically:32yr, solid marriage thankfully x). Currently got LOTS of that due to selling properties, moving away from London (yippeeee:-) !!) but leaving our son/grandson behind, which will really do us in when that Day comessad sad.

Maybe get a grip of myself, cut the yogurt, bread and pasta, chocs and biscuits ( as per current diet!!) and drink lots of water! Oh! wouldn't it be great to just let ourselves go completely instead of having to hang on to our health - and don't even do it to yourself about hanging on to your youth!!!:-)

Good luck with finding a solution for you:-)

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.