HELP HERPES!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Doctor told me she thinks I have herpes, waiting for the swabs to come back.

She put me on a 5 day course to try and clear it up, I've just finished day 3 and it's still painful to pee and sore in general (when walking round or even lying down) is this normal?

when should the pain go?

I've been reading stuff on the internet but still not found the answers I'm looking for

Thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

The meds only help so much with first outbreaks, and the effectiveness varies depending on how soon you started taking the meds. Still good to finish the course, though, and worth noting that the meds are more effective in warding off recurrences (if taken immediately) or as daily suppressive therapy.

What questions do you have? I tried to answer many in the post pinned to the top of this forum, since I also had numerous questions and concerns in the beginning, so read up on herpes extensively and daily for weeks, if not longer, lol.

• Posted

I started with the itching (I thought was thrush) then ended up with spots, 2/3 days later I ended up going back to doctors and she said herpes so I went to hospital and she said the same and put me on meds.

Do you know anything to help when peeing?

I've tried in bath and tipping water when I'm peeing but not helping much!

I'm doped up on pain relief and currently got Vaseline around area to try and cover it from the wee!

I just keep coming across the same things all the time lol!

• Posted

Pouring water down there while you pee helps, but also drink lots of water. Diluted urine stings less, especially if you have unseen lesions inside your urethra (makes it feel kinda like a uti).

First outbreaks in most people occur within days of infection, so it could well be your current partner. You can confirm this by doing both a swab and IgG (not IgM) antibody test during your first outbreak. If the swab is positive (make sure it's type specific) but your IgG negative for the swabbed type, then this is a brand new infection.

• Posted

Yes I did try that, water is the only thing I'm drinking and I'm trying to eat a little healthier.

what are the swabs and where could I have them done?

I went to the sexual health clinic and they done swabs on what they think is herpes and I'm waiting for the results.

• Posted

Sounds like you have the swab part covered. If by a sexual health clinic, I would expect it to be type specific, too. If the swab comes back positive, get the IgG antibody test done. You won't start producing enough IgG antibodies for up to a month, but the sooner you get the test done, the better. If negative, it's new. If already positive, then you've had it for at least 3+ months.
    • Posted

Ok fab, yes will be interesting to see

Its only been 5 days since I had swabs and been about 2 weeks since I first slept with my boyfriend

• Posted

You could even do the IgG test now. Just make sure it's not IgM and ask for a copy of your lab report, so that you can see your index values (results are reported as a number measured against a reference range for negative, equivocal and positive). I should have clarified, but if you score a high positive, it's an established infection. If it's a low positive or borderline, it could be recent and still building up (which a subsequent test would reveal). If clearly negative, then it's very new. Herpes and herpes testing can be confusing!
    • Posted

A sexual health clinic or general doctor should be able to order the test for you. Call and check first, since you want IgG specifically. You can also do it via one of those online medical testing companies like Quest, etc.

Fyi: The IgM test is still suggested by many ill-informed doctors, but it is not recommended for herpes, since it is not type-specific and is unreliable, so don't let anyone persuade you otherwise!

• Posted

So am I asking for a IgG test? And what would I say it's for?

Sorry if I'm sounding thick

• Posted

The medicine really isn't going to do anything for you ..

since you already are having an outbreak ..

But it doesn't defintely sound like you are having an outbreak ..

It will take a little while to heal from it ..

If you keep it moisturized it will feel better a&D ointment will do you good ...

Do you have any idea where you got it from ?

• Posted

I have no idea where I've got it from or how long it's been there

The doctor said I could have had it for years or I could be a carrier? I don't know! I got checked for it Monday and have a follow up appointment for 2 weeks to do more sti swabs as she didn't want to spread it?

• Posted

I mean if it's going to spread then it's going to spread ..

But it will eventually heal up wherever you get blister like spots at

Either way somebody had to give It to you & I'm guessing it just stay dominant in your body for this long .. Really no telling where you got it from unless you were in a monogmous relationship for so long . Me personally I know exactly where it came from .

& usually after the first 1/2 weeks you start showing some type symptoms ...

But hey . It differs for different people .

You don't seem like you in any type of pain so it's not that bad right ?

How are you feeling ?

• Posted

Well I do have a new partner, I suppose it could be him or someone from the past? And as I'm ill and stressed its come on?

I am in pain, I've been awake most of the night 😔 Also when I walk and drive it hurts but the friction isn't helping, of a night time I just wear a t'shirt and try and air my bits out and it's slightly less painful wearing nothing

• Posted

I was in the same boat as you the only thing that made it feel better was laying in bed spread eagle. I had to call of work and all. For me the pain got the worst right be for it started to heal.

It took mine a 2 weeks to fully heal and by the 2nd week I could walk and stand with out pain.

It really helped to poor water while I peed but also my doctor prescribed me topical litocaine.. Omg it was amazing numbed the area for like 15min. So I'd use that for when I went to the restroom.

I found out about 2-3 months ago and was taking antivirals everyday. Until I found out I'm pregnant then I stopped and I'm just planning to take it when I feel an outbreak coming

I know it feels like there isn't an end at this point but I promise you it gets better! I forget I have it sometimes honestly.

• Posted

So your outbreak came on approx a week after you slept with this new partner? Timing wise it could suggest you got it from them... I would ask a few questions!
    • Posted

I would, too! But after the swab results. I waited until I had some form of lab evidence before initiating the talk and questions.
    • Posted

Hopefully I'm starting to heal now, it's getting slightly better to pee (I pee really slow and I find that helps)

im getting to grips with it now, just want the pain away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.