Help Iam going nuts from pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

4 weeks ago I had carpal tunnel surgery . My doctor was dismissive Friday of my wrist pain ..

and now when I massage my Palm a pea size bubible comes up on my wrist

same side as my pinkie finger . I sure didn't have that before.

This is where most of my pain is.

The doctor said all your pain numbness and tingling had nothing to do

with carpal tunnel. It was as if how

dare I say my hand still hurt I must be crazy.

How long should I wait to become concerned about my hand....?

I am still having pain in my wrist numbness in

my fingers can't make a fist good.

pain turning key in car putting it into gear

Is this normal because he told me I fixed it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Read the page on failed carpal tunnel surgery on carpal tunnel net. That will give you an idea of how to analyse the situation. You will need your pre-operative nerve conduction studies to start working it out too. Dr J Bland
  • Posted

My surgery was in late Dec. of 2015.  Like you, symptoms started with numbness of hand/fingers while talking on the phone and driving and then weakness followed.

I too had the stabbing pain at incision site intermittently and have constant  dull pain in my wrists and thumb and weakness.

I went to physical Therapy which helped with the weakness but lifting anything over 5 lbs is a challenge as well as cooking with a lot of hand and wrist movement.  I am opting out of having the right hand done.

Not good news I know but give it more time.  I have heard that it took some as long as 14 months to recover.

• Posted

yeah i heard same thing occupational therepy for ever thenwe went on to the basal thumb repair which they say had nothing to do with ctr.  u will really know pain then   best a luck  better yet start prayin
  • Posted

Okay I wonder how to continue to post today I took a close look at my healed surgical site just below healed occasion I have had intense itching and burning doc says nothing to do with CTS anyway he said massage surgical site which it still to painful but apon putting light pressure to side of incisions area base of heel of my hand a pea size area rose up with intense burning pain which I have been feeling here.. it looks like my old hernia before I had it repaired. What the heck is going on I didn't have that before surgery. I wish I could post a photo here maybe I will when I figure it out. I checked my other hand ...no pea size area raised when I applied pressure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.