Help...impossible to sit in dentists chair

Posted , 2 users are following.

Right, hi guys & girls I'm new to this so please be gentle!

Hubby has dentist today and is now considering cancelling!

It will be impossible for him to sit/lie on dentists chair due to failed spinal fusion and has not been able to sit atall since last February when the initial back injury happened!

He usually spends his day either lying on left side propped up on pillows or standing up - no in between for him unfortunately!

Wondering if anyone has been in/heard of similar situations and if a dentist will be sympathetic and even able to treaty husband!

I know that they'll be other situations they're used to doing eg: wheelchair bound and phobias etc but unsure how the dentist is going to be able to accommodate my husbands awkwardness!!

Many thanks smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Maybe ring the surgery an explain to them the situation so they can tell you whether it will be possible to take him and if so, explain to the dentist in advance so they're prepared. Good luck xxx
    • Posted

Thankyou smile

Had been telling him for past week or so but he'd insisted it'd be ok - until this morning when he thought of all possible scenarios and the panic set in!!

Called dentist myself and they said bring him in to see.

Luckily managed to semi-flatten chair and I helped him shift onto left side awkwardly! Also took the x-rays standing up!

Where there's a will there's a way thank goodness!

Thanks for advice smile xx

• Posted

No problem. Glad they were able to see him. Shame it's so uncomfortable for him though 😢xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.