HELP IN REDUCING PREGABOLIN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been taking pregabolin since Aug and taking 75mg in morning and 75mg in evening for anxiety-am also taking 30mg Mirtazapine in the evening

​how can i start to reduce the Pregabolin safely as wanting to reduce this before geeting so dependent-have got now some 50mg capsules-can you just reduce either the morning or evening dose from 75mg to then 50mg but not reduce both morning and evening together in the same day

​but this percenatge is greater than the 10% advised to drop-would really appreciate some advice on what to do and whether to start to drop everyday or space out the reduction say reduce 1 day only fotr 1 week and then 2 days in the second week and so on but only reduce either the morning or evening dose but not both in the same day-thks=Peter.

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Peter.

This is a horrible drug and the sooner you get off it the better.

It causes so many different problems that are irreversible.

But they are not your questions.

Firstly, it is okay to drop from 75mg to 50mg both morning and night.

Secondly, it is up to you how often you reduce. However, every second day or so is actually okay but if you want to do it weekly, that is okay, too.

I was put on this pill and after the complications it caused, and after doing a lot of research on it, i decided to simply stopped taking all together. I did not taper down at all.

Yes, there were repercussions and withdrawal type symptoms, but you will have them regardless of a slow taper off or an instant stoppage.

I have not been on these pills for years and still have problems from them.

I know of people who have been off them for around six years and are still experiencing problems from them.

Once they are in your system they begin to destroy certain things that will never be replaced, will never regrow and will never be replaced by your body.

I hope this helps you, and i hope you have no trouble tapering down and stopping them.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thankyou for your very prompt and kind reply

feel very frightened if that is the word on what lies ahead and how and when to start and how to start the reduction-will not go cold turkey as would not be able to handle that extremeness-take care-rgds=Peter+..  

• Posted

You're welcome.

You will be okay, Peter.

The worst thing to do is stress about them.

If you need any help with them or whatever, you can always ask.

If you use the forum, just post, and if you just want to speak to me, use the little envelope to the right of my user name.

Let me know how you go.

All the best.

• Posted

many many thks-if i am honest i am somewhat afraid of what lies ahead-take care Peter+.
    • Posted

Can i ask you please  how long were you taking this for-thks=Peter+. 
    • Posted

I can understand your fear. I've been there.

I'm sure you'll be okay, though, so try not to stress about it all.

I was on them for about three months to begin with. They were prescribed for nerve pain so i could do physiotherapy but then they stopped helping with the pain, so i stopped taking them. I was on the same dose as you; 75mg twice a day.

When i went back to the doctor, they talked me into giving them another go but at a higher dose. I did and the same thing happened.

Around that time i was waiting for an appointment at the pain clinic and came across a lady who had been on them herself.

To cut it short, i looked into what she told me; did a LOT of research into this med and discovered how bad it is and what it does to people.

I finally got to the pain clinic and the doctors there both told me my symptoms were in my head and that it was a great, safe medication. They told me "if you have no side effects you aren't taking enough. You need to get headaches, dry mouth and blurred vision in the very least to know they are working for you". I found this an odd thing for a doctor to say so i looked further into pregabalin and came across law suits over it and what it has caused to people, what it does and something very interesting - that during the testing and trials, before it was released for human use, it was tested as something else but when the FDA approved it, the makers of it changed the chemical compound and made it into pregabalin, or lyrica. As far as i am aware, this med as it is prescribed, has still not been tested.

It does so much irreversible damage and i refused to go back on it.

All up, i was on them five or six months and i still haven't recovered from taking them...but i realise i won't because the damage has been done.

I have not taken them for about three years, but have met people who haven't taken them for over six years and are still suffering.

I don't want to make your fear greater, but you really are better off without them.

I know i've probably not helped the matter or eased your worry, but i believe people should know what the doctors don't and/or won't tell you about this poison; and that's exactly what it is.

Sorry for the long response, and for telling you some of what i know.

• Posted

many thks-can i ask what were your withdrawl symptoms were like and how soon did they start after stopping cold turkey-sorry for keep on asking you-thks again Peter+. 
    • Posted

hi again-sorry for troubling you

have reduced to 50mg for 9 consecutive mornings then went back up to 75 for 1 day then 50 then 75 and last 2 mornings back down to 50mg  

the evenings i have kept 9 @75mg then 1 n @50 then back up to 75 then 1n@50 and last 2 nights @75-have tried to keep it stable and the days and nights where i changed i still kept to the same total amount for each day the either 50 morn+75 eve or 75morn-25 eve and this change only resulted for 2 days-DO YOU THINK OK TO NOW DROP THE EVE 75MG TO NOW 50 AS PER THE DAY DOSE-OR SHOULD I WAIT A FURTHER COUPLE OF DAYS-DOES IT MATTER-AS YOU CAN SEE I AM A BIT WORRIED/STRESSED-thks for your time and energy in replying-take care-rgds=peter+++.   

• Posted

Firstly, Peter, you can ask me anything if you think it will help and i will answer as honestly as i can, if i can, so there is no need to apologise.

The withdrawals began the first time i didn't take it, but i also had these symptoms if i happened to forget and miss a dose.

I began sweating uncontrollably. I was hot and cold, like a fever. I ached and had pains in places that i'd never had trouble with. Dizziness, anxiety and my hair began to fall out.

As time wore on, i began to notice my eyesight was becoming sensitive to light and my vision was blurred at times, my headaches got worse, and my teeth ached. Yes...my teeth!, and they began to wobble at times, too.

Just for some info; many, many people who are suing this drug manufacturer have actually lost teeth.

It was horrible!

I met someone who was tapering off pregabalin and they were having much the same symptoms as me.

I hope that helps with that question.

• Posted

There's no need for apologies.

If i can help you in any way, i will, and no apologies are required.

I understand your worry and stress but you have to remember that the more you stress, the more this can take hold.

Honestly, i don't think it makes much difference if you cut it down again now or wait another couple of days.

What do you want to do?, and what would you feel most comfortable with?

I know you are on mirtazapine, are you on anything else?

If this is worrying you and causing more stress than usual, it may be helpful to go on a benzo for a short while. If you're doing and feeling okay while tapering down, then you're probably better off without one, though.

I only brought that up because you said you were placed on pregabalin for anxiety.

Change of subject:

Can i ask where you are in the big, wide world?

I hope i helped with that answer, too.

If you have any more questions, you know where i am.

• Posted

Hi many thks for your time and patience

the only other thing i am taking is phenergen which they prescribed to take 25gms morning and 25gms evening-have not taken this morning's phenergen too see how i feel

I work in London

take care and thks again-rgds=Peter+++.

• Posted

Hi Peter.

How are you feeling?

Phenergen is an antihistimine, which i'm sure you know. We are able to buy it over the counter here without a prescription.

I am in Australia.

Take care and let me know how you're doing.

All the best.

• Posted

Hi again-yes we too can buy here without prescription

have been taking these 2 tabs daily since Aug and today DID NOT TAKE the morning 25mg and think have a kind of withdrawl feeling-supposed to not be addictive-can this be withdrawl-am looking to phase out the morning tab but looking like i will have to withdraw from this BY REDUCING TO  3/4 tab then 1/2 tab then 1/4 tab OR AM I BEING SILLY ?GENERALLY HOW AM I FEELING NOT TOO GOOD OBVIOUSLY WORRIED ABOUT THE PREGAB AND THE CUTTING DOWN ON THE DOSAGES-How are you-Australia wow how lucky you are-take care-rgds=p+++.  

• Posted

Hey Peter.

Yes, they say it's not addictive but it is.

What feeling do you have that you're thinking is wathdrawal?

Keep in mind that whatever way you go with cutting down, either the way i did or slowly and steadily, you will still have have withdrawals.

You can't escape it.

Hopefully, though, you won't be affected too much.

As i said before, cut down how you feel is best for you. Only you know how you feel. That way the anxiety about it will be less and you will feel better.

If you think you should take the morning dose but lower it over time, then try it. I was on capsules so i couldn't do that.

And NO, you're NOT being silly. Not at all.

Withdrawal from any drug is a horrid thing to go through, it's just some are worse than others which makes the situations different.

I'll help you as much as i can from here, though, so you're not really alone with it all.

I'd love to be where you are...i've always wanted to go to London, and Canada/Alaska. Australia's not as great as everyone thinks it is. We have the wost accent ever, so different to people in the UK. Are you from there?

• Posted

Hi-thks for your time in replying

have not taken the phenergen tab this morning only the 50mg of preg

so@present taking 50mg preg in morning

evening 75mg preg/25mg phen+30mg mirt

like you the preg is in capsule form so cannot reduce to the max 10% per month re the preg

am seeing Doctor on Tues and do not know whether to reduce the morning does to now 25mg from 50 or reduce the evening dose from 75 to 50-think the evening reduction may be the best idea

understand preg now comes in Liquid form so may this is the better way to reduce in smaller amounts-who knows

was thinking about reducing either tonight or tomorrow the evening 75mg to 50mg and see what re-action

even thought about reducing evening's in this way

1 week all @75mg but i evening reduce to 50

2nd week reduce 2 evenings to 50mg other 5 nights 75

3rd week reduce 3 evenings to 50mg  other 4 nights 75

and so on-BUT IS IT WISE TO ALTER THE DOSAGES IN THIS WAY?

At the moment have the foggy head and the feeling of not quite being fully aware but am able to concentrate-had also a bit of the burning sensation in my back

I was actually born in Northern Ireland but have an Italian surname.

Really am worried about what to expect from the Preg withdrawls and dont really know the best plan to withdraw.

thks for your patience and understanding-take care-have a good w/e

rgds=peter+++. 

take care and thks for your patience and understanding     

• Posted

Hi Peter.

I think you're doing okay, and are on the right track to cutting down slowly. I agree that you should cut the evening dose down rather than the morning as it evens it out a little more, and you still have the phenergen and mirtazapine to help with sleep if you need it.

I also think the way you have outlined the tapering down is good, but are you going to alternate? I think alternating is good but makes your body a little unsure. I feel you would be better doing as you've said, and cutting down at the end of the week so that when the new week begins you're body would have adjusted somewhat.

I would love to say it's either wise or unwise to taper this way, but it depends on how you feel. You also have to take into account that you WILL feel odd or different because you're taking something your body has become used to getting. Think of it as a spoilt kid and don't let the feelings get the better of you, or else all this work would have been a waste of time and you'll have to start over. That said, though, you also don't want to feel so bad that you feel like you're going mad, for want of a better term.

Your foggy head is natural, so is the sluggish awareness with concentration. You'll feel sore and achy so i'm not surprised to hear you have a burning type sensation in your back. The aches and pains are because your nerves are beginning to function again, so expect joint pains and things like that. Also expect your jaw and teeth to ache, and possibly feel loose. If you've injured yourself or do, the pain will also feel worse than it actually is. This is because the pregabalin is losing control over your nerve endings, which is a bad thing for pain, but a good thing because the pregabalin is leaving your body.

I really don't mind helping you, Peter, it actually helps me to know i'm helping someone else, and i really wouldn't mind if you messaged me every few hours or so. If that's what helps you, then that what it takes.

If i can help you, i will.

I know you're worried. This is horrible drug to come off. Like i said, though, if you're having a really hard time of it, maybe some benzos will help. I know they have a bad reputation, but they are actually very useful in a lot of areas, used in the right way...especially this one.

I know i sound like a broken record, but please, try not to worry.

There will be issues with different things, like the fogginess and aches etc, but you're better being off this drug than on it. If you didn't know that we wouldn't be communicating.

Talk to your doctor on tuesday and let him/her know how you're doing and how you're tapering. That will probably make you feel a little more at ease as well.

Please let me know how you're doing and what your doctor says.

And, as always, if you need me just shout! (or message). I'm here if you need me.

Northern Ireland looks like a beautiful place. I used to have a neighbour from there.

No thanks needed and i'll speak to you soon.

Enjoy you're weekend as well.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi trust you are well and your w/e good

thks for your assuring reply

So if i am correct you think it is best that i do not alternate but just when i  am ready to reduce the evening dose of 75mg to now 50mg so that this will then be the same as the morning dose that's how i think you are saying is that correct-have read also is no good to alternate by going down and then up again.

Re the phenergen have stopped taking this since last thurs the 25mg morning only and because have taken this since Aug feel this may be some form of withdrawl i am feeling-think i may be better to start back on the 25mg in the morning and then reduce to 3/4 tab/then 1/2 tab/then 1/4 tab-maybe that is what i should have done initially

or am i being over worried?

take care and have a good week-rgds=Peter+++. 

• Posted

Hi Peter.

I'm good, thanks and the weekend was okay, too. I hope all's the same your way as well.

How is everything? Are you doing okay?

Yes, you're correct in the way i think you should taper.

If you alternate, it will mess with your body and head, but if you cut down and stay on that dose for a bit, then it gives your body time to adjust to that lower dose and it'll stop expecting more and not go haywire on the days it doesn't.

As for the phenergan. Why were you taking it? I forgot to ask about it before. It shouldn't cause you withdrawals as it's mainly used for nausea or as an anti-histimine, although can be useful as a sleep aid. It's also used as a sedation in minor surgeries.

My advice about this med is take it if and/or as you need it. I take one every morning for hayfever and don't suffer drowsiness, but it causes it in some people.

You should be able to stop this without problems or symptoms if you want to, but keep in mind that it could be a help in sleep and a "bit" of pain relief from some of what the lowering of pregabalin brings.

I think what you are feeling is more from the pregabalin cut down than from cutting down your phenergan.

I hope that makes sense.

If i don't hear from you again tonight, i hope all goes well at the doctor's tomorrow.

All the best.

• Posted

Hi again

thks for your  assuring reply.

was taking the phenergen prescribed by the Doctors to be taken when taking the preg i just wondered because i had taken this since Aug i perhaps was getting withdrawls by suddenly not taking the morn dose

have a good evening-take care-rgds=p+++.

• Posted

They probably gave it to you for nausea caused by the pregabalin.

If you're okay without it then it shouldn't make a difference if you just don't take it.

Have a good night.

• Posted

Hi again

think they gave it to me as a "relaxer" influence-although would not need this with the morn dose of preg?  

who knows if by not taking this in the morn i have become/needy of this and this is some form of withdrawl?-i hope not

you too have a good night

rgds=p+++. 

• Posted

Hi Peter.

If they gave it to you as a relaxant, it'd be because of the sedative effect, but that doesn't make much sense.

Do you feel drowsy after taking it?

As i said, you can stop this without effect so if you feel okay and not nauseous in the morning after taking the pregabalin, then you don't need it.

You should have no withdrawal problems from phenergan so don't worry about that.

If your withdrawals from pregablin cause problems like lack of sleep, then it can help with that.

It really does nothing more than help with allergies, hives, rashes, nausea, vomiting, motion sickness and minor surgeries, so if you have none of them don't bother too much with it.

You shouldn't have withdrawal from it.

Does the mirtazapine help you sleep?

Let me know how you go tomorrow.

• Posted

Hi-many thks for your kind reply

Yes the mirt is for the sleep-last night reduced the phenergen to 3/4 tab instead of whole tab-no does not make me feel drowsy am a bit puzzled as to why i had to take this in the 1st place? 

feel that because i have taken the phenergen since Aug if i suddenly stop then it will have a rebound effect and the leaflet says that if you take longer then 4-6 weeks you need to stop gradually and as i have stopped taking the morning tab since last thurs thought it was not a good idea to also just stop the evening dose as weel

saw the GP earlier this morning-agreed to now reduce the eve 75mg preg to now 50mg-SO WILL NOW BE TAKING 50MG BOTH MORNING AND EVE-NOT PERFECT BUT AT LEAST IS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN REDUCING THIS.

how are you-have as good day-take care-rgds=p+.  

• Posted

Hi Peter.

I'm good, thanks.

How are you feeling?

It sounds like things are going well for you and i'm glad your doctor's appointment went as expected.

Thank you for letting me know how it went.

The only reason i can think of as to why they told you to take the phenergan as well would be to counteract the nausea from the pregabalin.

You're probably better off to keep taking it while you're cutting out the pregabalin as it may help you through some of the problems with reduction.

A lot of people have to take an anti-histimine everyday for hayfever anyway, myself being one, and at least these are in no way as bad a medication as the pregabalin, and that is the main one you're looking to stop taking right now.

It sounds like you have everything under control and everything's going as planned without incident.

As you know, you can contact me at any time for any reason, so don't hesitate to do so.

Have a great night and keep in touch; let me know how you're doing.

All the best.

• Posted

Hi-many thks for your reply always greatly received

Generally could be feeling better but if i am honest am anxious and a bit stressed as what is lying ahead waiting for me regarding the preg-Every day have this preg effect hanging over me and i am continually thinking over in my mind the best way/ways to overcome the preg and the sooner the better-will not go cold turkey but the long drawn out reducing process is quite daunting and low mood enchancing if i have explained this correctly-IF ONLY the 2 words i constantly think.

sorry for putting on you

have a good evening-glad you are well-rgds=p+++/ 

• Posted

It's normal to feel anxious and stressed in your situation, something would be wrong if you weren't.

You obviously don't know what will happen in the future but from the way you're handling the tapering now, i think you can put your mind at rest and expect only good things.

You should feel good with how far you've come in a short time. You've done so well!

The drawn out process was daunting for me, too, and i just stopped all together because i didn't like the idea of going through it. I'm a little impatient and just wanted it over and done with.

I can imagine it always being on your mind, but you should try not to think of it because you're doing what you set out to do and it won't be too long before it's over and you'll have achieved what you set out to do.

Instead of worrying about it, tell yourself what a good job you're doing, because you are! I don't think you seem to realise just how far you've already come and how much you've achieved to this point. You're doing really well!

As for putting it on me - i don't see it that way at all. I see speaking with you as support for a time you need a little extra help with; and i'm happy to help you with it it.

If i didn't want to help you, Peter, i wouldn't, and i especially wouldn't just walk out on you and leave you with no support.

You are putting nothing on me. I responded to help you, and that's what i'm here for; for you for whenever you need some help, some advice, or someone to talk to, or just for whatever reason.

Don't think you inconvenience me or intrude. I am, after all, here for you, here to help you.

Everything will be fine so try to think about what you've done, not what may or may not happen.

Have a good night.

• Posted

Hi how are you

many thks for your very kind words and trying to assure me-you are most patient and understanding in both your time and thoughts-i am very pleased to have you to be able to express my thoughts and feelings

take care-you too have a good night-rgds=p+.  

• Posted

Hey Peter.

I'm well and hope you are the same.

Thank you for your message. It means a lot to hear someone appreciate the help i try to give.

I want to help you through to the end of this, if that's what you would also be okay with as i believe everyone needs someone for something, and what you are dealing with so well requires a little extra help. Support can be a very useful and underused tool, and no-one knows that better than myself.

I want to help you, and i believe i can because of what i have been through and know of this drug.

I have no doubt you will achieve your goal with or without my assistance; i just know it helps to have someone in your corner that's already been there.

Thank you. I really appreciate your words.

Take care and enjoy your night.

• Posted

Hi-again many thks for your patience time and understanding

you too take care-glad you ok and well-rgds=p+++.

• Posted

Hey Peter.

Just wondering how you're going...?

I hope everything is still on track and you're doing well with no problems.

• Posted

Hi trust you well and your w/e went well even though it is now Wed

Me could be better unduly worried about the preg

up and including this morning from the 29th sept which 28 mornings have reduced the morning's from 75 to 50mg but of these 28 mornings they have not all been consecutive 

1 morning 8th Oct and 1 morning 10th oct went back up to 75

this fri 28th will then be 28 mornings @50mg with 2 mornings in that period not consecutive-if i remain @50mg and include next mon 31st this will then be 21 consecutive mornings@50mg

am i worrying unnecessary?

either on this coming sat or next Monday am then going to reduce the eve dose from 75mg to 

either 50mg the same as the morn but this will be reducing 75 to 50  which  diff of 25mg of daily total 125mg=20% which greater than the 

suggested of only 10%

i understand that Preg is soluble in lukewarm water so i could make up a solution and reduce by 10-12% either @62mg or 60mg

and the solution keeps  5days in the fridge in an airtight jar

are you aware or know of this?

So sorry to harp on

thks for your kind  understanding and patience on this

have a good night

rgds=peter+++.

• Posted

Hi Peter.

It's good to hear from you.

Yes, thanks, i had a good weekend, and hope you did, too.

I don't think it will be too much of a problem going back to 75mg a day here and there, but can i ask why you did?

You've done really well! You should br very proud to have come this far.

How are you feeling? Are you having any withdrawals that you're aware of?

I can't tell you to cut your nightly dose down to 50mg or dissolve it and lower the dose that way, which tastes horrible!, but that is what i would do. I know it comes in liquid form, strawberry flavour, i think.

You have to feel okay in how you're reducing, which is why i can't tell you either way. I would hate to tell you something and you feel unwell because of it, or be angry with me if it doesn't go well.

You sound like you're managing well, though. Are you doing well and is it all going to the plan you had?

Do you have a date in which to be off them completely? Sometimes this helps and you can chart and taper however much to make the date.

Regardless of the couple of days you took the 75mg, you've basically done a month on a 50mg morning dose.

That's a very good achievement!

You may not think so, or may not feel like you have, but you have.

And you should be proud of yourself.

Keep in touch.

And you don't harp on!..

• Posted

Hi glad you are ok and your w/e was good

thks for your assuring words

the reason i went back to 75mg fo the odd 2 days was that i was a bit worried  those days and thought i had a withdrawl but it was not 

tried to get the liquid form from the Doctor but@present said will review later-he even stated that this is not the correct way to get the correct dose which i could not believe he said this or made that remark but i did not argue.

you mention the bad taste on dissolving the capsules did you try this and did you use lukewarm water

generally feel a bit yucky but think this is just all the evening tabs still being in my system during the morning and then the morning dose on top

Can i ask you how you generally felt when taking the preg-you mentioned you upped the dose-what was the final dose you were taking

You suddenly stopped were you not worried about possible seizures

take care-have a good night-rgds=peter+++. 

• Posted

My son was taking 600mg a day

Trying to get off them all together having terrible withdrawals

Also you say irreversible things happen

What are those please

• Posted

Hi Peter.

It's always good to hear from you!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great, but it's to be expected. Try to push through to get to where you want to be. It's also very possible that it is the night before's meds weighing in with the morning ones. Maybe try a longer space between; perhaps half an hour or so. See if that helps.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't a withdrawal that made you go back to 75mg. It obviously didn't do much damage to your cut-down, though.

Did the doctor say going onto the liquid was not the right way to get to the correct dose, or did he mean cutting down as you have done? This came across a little unclear.

Yes, i tried breaking down the capsule in warm water as i was told to try it by someone who had given them up as well. I tried it but really didn't like the taste, and not all of the balls, i guess they are, dissolved properly either.

Pregabalin was prescribed to me for nerve pain, so i could do physio correctly, and as i said, they worked okay for that for a bit but then stopped working. I felt so anxious all the time, and i have anxiety issues, but i couldn't think straight, my teeth and jaw began to ache, my teeth loosened! I began losing muscle mass, it interfered with my speech at times, and my "sleep" was terrible. Horrible, vivid dreams.

I felt ill. Always nauseated no matter what i did or didn't do and i was tired a lot of the time.

I was eventually taking 150mg twice a day, but they also tried to get me to increase from there, to which i refused.

Yes, i was worried about seizures, especially when i had already had a couple while taking the pregabalin, but honestly, Peter, that was really the least of my thoughts and worries as i just wanted all the crap i was feeling to stop.

I didn't know how bad the withdrawals were going to be by just stopping, and maybe if i did i would have tapered down, but i felt terrible and just wanted it out of my system.

I was irritable, had no patience and didn't like snapping at people without justification.

I really hope you begin to feel better. I know what it's like and it's not a nice place to be.

Oh, for hindsight!

Take care and i'll check in on you in a few days, unless you want to chat or ask anything else before then.

Either way, havd a great weekend.

Good night.

• Posted

Hi Jeanette.

I feel for your son.

Some irreversible conditions are pancreatis, rotting and/or lost teeth, muscle and joint pain, pins and needles, speech problems, involuntary twitching or movement, memory problems, concentration problems, co-ordination problems, tachycardia, libido problems, weight gain, muscle loss, urinary incontinence, headaches/migraines, cramps, difficulty swallowing, excess saliva, touch sensory problems, eyesight, it messes with your red blood platelets...do you really want me to go on?

My body can no longer hold iron. I cannot take iron pills. My ferritin level is 2, it's supposed to be at least 18. My red cell platelets are odd shaped, hard to find because my body now makes less, and they're also pale because my body is looking for red cells that don't exist. This problem was traced back to taking lyrica.

You obviously know that it's not a great drug, and i'm sorry your son has to go through the withdrawals from it.

I wish him well, as i do you.

• Posted

hi many thks for your reply and the observations you had

can i ask you how long did you take the increased 150mg twice daily for

i started last night on the reduction from 75 mg to now 50 so it is now 50mg in the morning and 50mg in the evening-will remain like this for 1 month and will then look to decrease the morning 50mg to 25mg

have a good night and for the w/e also-rgds=peter+.

• Posted

Hi Peter.

How are you feeling?

I was on 150mg twice daily for about three months, although closer to four.

You seem to be doing quite well with the reductions and have everything organised.

If you have any more questions you know where i am, otherwise, good luck and i'll check in on you in a week or two.

All the best.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Posted

Hi-trust you well and your w/e good-thks for your reply-when you started how long was you on the 2 x75 daily before increasing to the 150mg

do you think that by going up to 150gms x2 per day was far worse for you and did you notice a considerable diff in how you originally felt when only taking the 75 twice daily

am now into the 5th night if you include this evening in reducing from 75 to 50mg

w/e felt restless and felt the need to have to always be doing something-felt hard to relax

this morning felt sicky and head feels a bit foggy and as if band around it

think could be a reaction of the reduction-could re-instate back to 75 for the evening but feel this is  a step backwards only then have to start again later which i will not do so will ride this out-have also stopped taking the phenergen both morning and evening so perhap;s this also a factor-No need to reply as you say will hear from you again in a week or two-take care-have a good night-rgds=Peter+++.

• Posted

Hi Peter.

I'm well thanks and the weekend was okay too. Hope yours wassettled but good.

When i first took 2 x 75mg it was for about a week and then i went to 2 x 150mg.

I felt a LOT worse when the dose went up and began to notice more things happening, like memory going, pain in my joints, and cramps. My vision was more blurred and my head was also foggy and painful. I couldn't sleep and when i did it was strange, but my anxiety went through the roof. I also couldn't be still; i had to do something, like i had too much energy to waste and couldn't relax. On 2 x 75mg it was bearable but i couldn't handle it on 2 x 150mg. It drove me and everyone else crazy.

Don't go back to 75mg. As you say, it'd be a step backwards and you've done so well to get to this point.

The fogginess and tightness you feel (the band) should fade.

How's the restlessness now? You said your weekend was restless; has it improved at all? How are you sleeping?

It's all part of the crap, Peter. Remind yourself that it will end. You're doing really well in seeing taking 75 instead of 50 is a step back.

Good on you!

Keep your chin up, and i'll talk to you soon.

Goodnight

• Posted

Hi many thks for your always encouraging words

yes sleeping ok but woke@5am this morning and diff to get back to sleep

normally sleep thru to around 7am but this is as a result of the Mirtazapine 

which makes you sleep

perhaps was not taking the phenergen at night?-who knows?

restlessness not so bad in the week seems worse@w/ends-no need to reply talk to you in a week or so-you too have a good night-rgds=Peter+++.    

• Posted

Hi Peter.

Just checking in on you to see how you're doing.

How are you?

Has the weekend anxiety gone?

Are you feeling better?

I know i'm full of questions but i'd just like to hear how things are?

Have you reduced the dose again or keeping it level for a bit?

When you've got time, you know where i am.

All the best.

• Posted

Hi thks for your reply trust you well and your w/e good

just taking the preg makes me feel continually anxious

feel worse in the mornings with the knot in the stomach feeling and feeling sick but not being sick

re w/e yes no change very fidgety and find it hard to relax-have to be doing things-think it is the meds

am still on 50mg for the morning and 50mg for the evening with the evening dose i will now including tonight will be 13 days since reducing and the morning dose reduction will have been 41 days since reducing-i should be feeling confident but am certainly not

not thinking about reducing any further @present until@least 1 month @50 re evening dose

have a good evening

rgds=p+++.  

• Posted

I'm good thanks, Peter.

The pregabalin made me quite anxious, too and then i had to take something to help with that!

It should go away.

And you should feel confident because you're doing so well and have kept the dose consistent for quite a while.

You should feel good that you have done so well and come so far.

It will happen, don't be discouraged.

You sound like you're not having too much trouble, apart from the anxiety, so you're going along well.

I'll check in again in a few weeks.

Have a good night and be proud of what you've achieved.

All the best

• Posted

Hi-many thks for your kind words and encouragement

@present today have the foggy head type and as if elastic band is tied around head-suppose part of reducing?

Still not confident in myself and how i am doing

Forgot to mention the odd body twitch and muscle twitch only when lying down sometimes- like a spasm as if jumping in your sleep-sometimes this happens before drifting off and unvoluntary.

take care

you too have a good night-rgds=p+++.

• Posted

Hey Peter.

Sorry for the late reply.

You ARE doing well even if you don't feel too confident. You've done a lot to get this far!

The foggy head will come and go and the spasms could be a reaction to the pregabalin.

I twitched a lot when i was taking it so it might just be that.

It's not a nice drug to be on or get off.

Just keep an eye on it and see how you go.

If i don't speak to you before the weekend, have a good one, and hopefully you'll feel a bit less anxious and nervy.

Goodnight.

All thd best

• Posted

Hi trust you are ok

many thks for your time and patience and your inspiring words which always most welcome

You too have a good w/e and a good evening

take care

rgds=peter+++. 

• Posted

Hi Peter.

How are you going?

How have you been?

Has the weekend anxiety settled down?

Sorry to bombard you with questions.

I hope everything's going well and you're doing okay.

Regards

• Posted

Hi again-glad to hear from you-hope you ok

Me-have now reduced the morng 50gm pregab to now 25mg and this morn will be the 10th morning@this reduction

evenings still@50mg and with this evening's dose will then be 28nights @this level and will shortly be reducing this to 25mg also-but just waiting for a week or so longer@the 25mg for the morning to settle down-not taking now any phenergen and have not done so for the last month or so-still taking the 30mg of mirt in the evening also.

Generally most morning feel crappy but think this is the 50gm preg and 30mg mirt are still very much in my system from the previous evening  and then taking the morning pregab only adds to the crappy feeling

still find it hard to relax@the w/ends-this has not really eased

think the thought of the preg/mirt in one's system and the longing to be free of the pregab is continually in one's thought's.    

also have the fuzzy feeling in ones's head and still the like elastic band as if around one's head.

thks for asking-have a good evening

best regards=Peter+++. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.