Help!! Legs not working

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get muscle spasms in my neck. My legs go heavy and numb. My hands tremor and I have severe weight loss. The MRI has came back with something and now they want to test my spinal fluid. What could this be??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi alison, very sorry to hear of your symptoms. Muscle spasms, limb weakness, tremors, and weight loss can be signs of many different conditions, ranging from anxiety, to nutritional deficits, to neurological disorders (like multiple sclerosis). If your doctors are doing an MRI of your spine and/or head, and testing your CSF, they are probably looking for neurological disorders. That doesn't necessarily mean they suspect it - perhaps they're just ruling it out as the cause of your symptoms.

I've got the same symptoms you're describing, along with pain all over my body, blurred vision, bladder changes, terrible fatigue, sweating, and balance problems. I haven't had the MRI or CSF tests. I'm told that it's related to anxiety.

I hope you get some answers and relief soon.

• Posted

Hi Alison,

This could be so very many neurological reason.

That said, you can request a copy of the MRI results.

Our nervous system begins with our brain, runs down our spinal cord and have thousands snd thousands os smaller nerves whicj branch off to innervate our entire body.

Breath deep, you may have an easily resolved malady.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Well got my lumbar puncture after chickening out before. The lady said there have been 2 brain changes from my last mri. There's pressure on my spinal cord and my nerves are shredding. They told me before they were looking for ms and then ruled it out. Now she said she can't tell me what could be wrong as it's rather serious and they need a diagnosis first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.