help me im only 13 please

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have seriously bad depression from gender identity problems i am currently on medication but it doesnt seem to be helping im currently on a full tablet of fluroxetine and i have been every day for the past 4 months does anyone have any tips or new meds that i should go on or if you just wanna say something nice go ahead i need it

thanks xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear you're struggling ??

I think it's fair to say that after 4 months it needs to be changed, either new dose it new medication. You should be feeling some benefit by now.

Can you go back to doctor and tell them how you are feeling?

Xxx

• Posted

Just today my GP changed my meds because after 14 weeks the other one wasn't working for me. Sooo, the person to talk to is your doctor.....he/she has more advice to give you and will know which med to treat you with. I'm hoping that you have supportive and reassuring parents/caters around you too for support. Good luck

• Posted

Forgot to say.....you would also benefit from some counselling for gender issues. Don't be afraid or ashamed to talk about it. Keeping it to yourself is making your depression worse

• Posted

Need to try a different medication!  Usually takes 4to 6 weeks when some improvement is seen! Talk to your doctor and seek therapy!
  • Posted

Oh alex...."gender identity" is not a problem. ;(

It is who you are...

Do you understand what gender identity is at your age? I'm just asking because I'm not sure if you have alot of confusion or if you are very aware of what is going on inside of your body and brain?

Is it that you wish you were a female (for real with boobs and all...able to have children, etc)?

Or

Is it that you feel like you like men?

I'm asking personal questions because pills are not going to change your inner purpose.  

Actually if a person can do without pills all the better.

Tell me a little more about how you feel and I will see if I can help sort things out or at least help you to have someone to talk to about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.