help me so annoyed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Itch clit and some white chunky discharge around it and when I scratch too hard it cuts and hurts even sex is hard have been using lubricant and helps very little, I had a yeast infection couple of months ago so I don't know if it came back or something else, just white discharge no smell at all??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Not really sure about the discharge. But it does sound like you're having an LS flare-up. In which case hold off on sex, no matter how much lub you add. You need to allow yourself to heal as the skin will be very fragile...hence the easy tears. Have you been prescribe a steroid or any kind of cream for a flare-up? If not I'd go and touch base with your doctor. Keep moisturizing - everyone seems to have a go-to oil that works best for them, coconut is great, emu works for many, jojoba oil, tamanu, etc. Allow your bits some air, go panty-less whenever possible. It's been awhile since I had a bad flare-up but that itch can just drive you crazy. Hope it subsides soon!
  • Posted

Afford the scratching, try a cool damp flannel on THE ITCH, to take the heat out, it can help.

I agree take yourself off to the doctor. You need a diagnosis if you haven't got one already

Remember when on antibiotics to have some active yoghurt which counteracts some of the side effects.

The discharge sounds like smegma, it is a normal discharge.

Again I am promoting the Dr Goldsteins talk, details can be found on the New to LS page. It is an hour long but well worth the time. Try and listen to it on a lap or desk top computer, there are slides which may be difficult to read on a mini tablet or phone.

Make sure no body fluids lie on the skin for any time. Wash without chemicals . i.e. No soap or smellies, dab dry, or use cold air setting on hair dryer put on a moisturiser after the very potent steroid ointment, I use Diprobase it is prescribed for me in UK, then if you can a barrier ...like Vaseline...if you are not allergic to it, cotton pants if you HAVE to wear undergarments

Good luck I hope things calm down for you

• Posted

A baking soda bath can really help with the itch.  Sit in a warm bath with about 1/2 cup of baking soda dissolved in it for around 20 minutes.  If you're using clobetasol ointment for the LS, one of the effects is that it actually thins the skin, so you'll tear more easily--I've actually cut myself down there with just my fingernail while cleaning myself in the shower.  This makes it super important to resist the urge to scratch (so hard, I know).  Use an oil on the days when you aren't using clobetasol (I've used jojoba and coconut oils, and recently started using emu oil as well because so many have had good results with it), and rub it in gently but thoroughly--preferably a couple of times a day.  Keep the area cool and dry, wear cotton underwear during the day and none at all during the night.  Loose pants help a lot.  Do NOT wear tight jeans!  Bodily fluids irritate my LS terribly, so using a barrier ointment like Vaseline or Aquaphor helps a lot.  After sex, take a warm shower and make sure you rinse completely--semen is a horrible irritant.  Don't use soap on your vaginal area--it's not necessary and will only dry you out and irritate your skin.  Warm water is really all that's needed down there.  If you absolutely feel like you must use soap, use something super gentle, like Cetaphil (this is what my dermatologist and gynecologist both recommended).  Some thin white discharge is normal, but if the chunky discharge continues, see your doctor.  
  • Posted

I'm presently having a flareup with horrendous itching. I had amazing results with extra virgin olive oil but I couldn't get over this flareup even with steroids daily. I switched to emu oil while also using a little olive oil and my emuaid. (Also steroid). The emu oil seemed to be more effective for the itch. Have you switched your moisturizer recently? I think that was part of my problem. LS likes variety and I had been using olive oil for quite some time. I've also been very stressed. Trying to decide how to reduce that.
  • Posted

Hi April, I recently discovered through having a flare up myself  (I had friends visiting and over indulged on sweet stuff) that the white discharge IS linked to LS, as this has happened to me before, but I wanted to wait to see if it happened again before mentioning this on the site.The problem is that many women often believe it to be thrush, as do their doctors!! as at first glance, it looks similar to thrush.  However, it has no smell, is very white and the consistency of milk, (sorry TMI) but I believe this is important, a clear indication of a LS Flare up for some women. 

As I said,  it is due to too much sugar in your diet, which results in all the other nasty symptoms of LS which you are currently experiencing, and so the the best treatment for this is to cut back on everything with sugar, and use the Clob cream twice a day on your clit until it feels better.   I have found using the cream like this for about a week usually works for me, but we are all different.

• Posted

Thank you everyone one for your advice I will try everything possible and visit the Dr's soon! It's so hard not to scratch seriously it's annoying!!!
  • Posted

Went to Dr and had some fungal infection got 3 pills to take and a cream it helped me alot. Also got tested for any stds and results came out negative for everything. They even checked my blood to see if I was diabetic and passed as well. Medicine has worked great no more tears and no more dryness! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.