Help my husband with my anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had surgery 7 weeks ago and long story short I had a lot of complications which caused my anxiety to come back full forsee panic attacks and all. My husband is wonderful and supportive and has helped me a lot and I wouldn't be back to half normal by now if it weren't for him.

That being said, he is having a hard time coping and I don't know how to help him. He has taken on all the extra stress of me and our kids pluses he hurt his back and we're behind on bills. He tries to hide what a hard time he's having from me but I know him and I also wake up in the middle of the night to him being out of bed and crying. I try to comfort him but he always tells me he is fine and I think it's so I don't worry. I'm on the road to recovery but I need my husband and I can't help him feel better.

Also he is on celexa for depression but it seems like when I was at my worst his meds just quit working. Please help and no he won't go see a therapist of any kind

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Does he have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

Hi,hard situation. I can relate somewhat as I have been having a health issue and my husbands ben doing grocery shopping etc. My husband kind of gets annoyed with me. Dont think he realises my condition and probably thinks I could be doing more. My anxiety is through the roof. Is your situation temporary? If so,kindly remind him things will be back to normal. When its possible that is. Marriage vows,sickness and in health. Someday you will probably be ther for him if he has a physical problem. Sounds like his back might really be bothering him. Are your children old enough to help? The financial stuff,I umagine very stressful. I dont know what to say. Sorry you are going through so much. Hug each other alot. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.Xx
    • Posted

You couldn't have said it any better Lee!! :D amber maybe with him been out of work cause off his back is upsetting him cause be can't devoid for you at the moment the way he used too!! Use just need to help each other out day by day and hope use can both be back to normal in no time :D xxx
    • Posted

He went in for an x-ray on his back today. I have a 12yo that can help but my other 2 kids are 4 and 1.
  • Posted

I think with some anti depressents initially when taking them some patients cry a lot.  It could be due to dose levels or not enough of a dose but get him to see the Dr for a review of his medication and that may help your situation.
  • Posted

He is taking on your feeling on top of his depression. He is sensitive. He might need to go back to his doctor to adjust his meds. Let him know you are healing and there for him too. God bless and i hope both of you feel betterrr.
    • Posted

He's starting to act like he doesn't want to be around me anymore. Is this the beginning of the end or will we get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.