Help needed for hot flushes

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I'm new here 

what advise can you give for hot flushes ????

id like to go down the natural side as I had breast cancer in 2009 and don't think Drs will give me anything ......

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've found Sage leaf quite effective. But you must go for a good quality one. It is not 100% but the flushes are a lot less and more a 'warm glow' not a melt-down.

Some folks find relief with Black Cohosh, but it just makes me feel weird.

• Posted

What one would you recommend? 

Maybe the one I've got is not a good one ???

• Posted

Hi There is a anti depressant called Serdep 50mg which helps with a lot of meno symptoms an hot flushes are one.... talk to your Drs hope it helps....xx
    • Posted

keep trying to get to Drs , but the appointment system sucks 
  • Posted

I've just ordered passion flower and sage as recommended by other ladies on here.

I haven't been suffering too much but this last week the night sweats have been every half hour followed by shivering. And now happening during the day.

Hope you find something that helps you.

• Posted

I've been on sage for a while , it worked fantastic for a long time then stopped working . I doubled up and it worked again,it's now not working so I ordered super strength but as of yet not working. Symptoms are worse at the mo, so I'm looking for other ideas.

will look into Passion flower thanks 

• Posted

Drat, I've been moderated - I mentioned a brand name!rolleyes

I'll PM you

• Posted

Pants 

that's no help is it !!!!!

how is this group gonna help others ??

• Posted

I took Macca, and Flax seed oil for my hot flushes, both work. I took sage but I ended up getting sick, and black cohosh did nothing for me after I took it for 3 months, so I opted for Macca, when I ran out, my friend suggested Flax seed oil and that worked too. Are you in GB or USA? There is a pill called Hot Flash, that you can purchase as well, that also calmed the hot flushes.
  • Posted

Yeh, Flax seed is good too. I take the seeds themselves, freshly crushed , on my porridge every morning. They are good for all sorts of reasons.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.