Help needed on High CA 125

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a 4cm ovarian fluid filled cyst on left ovary.  My Ca125 blood test was 45 last month but now is 55 this month.  Receptionist rang to tell me to make appointment to discuss with doctor.  I have really bad constipation and need to wee a lot.  I get stomach pain and feel bloated. I went on early menapause at 36 so not had periods for 5 years now.  Can anyone let me know what will happen or what GP will do.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne,my symptoms started with me needing to pee a lot and discomfort on my left side.i went to the doctors and was given antibiotics as they thought I had a urine infection,however I didn't have problems with my bowels.after 4 days of taking antibiotics I went back to a different doctor as they weren't working and this was when I was referred to the hospital for a scan which showed I had a 100mm cyst on my left ovary.when I went for my consultation I was told I would have to have a laparotomy as the cyst was too large to remove with keyhole surgery.i was horrified as I've never had surgery before.and my biggest fear is pain.i spent every hour of the day thinking about it and got myself in a terrible state,so much so I went on antidepressants to calm me down which has really helped me.i had my surgery 3 weeks ago,and I can honestly say it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be.it doesn't matter how much people tell you to relax and stay calm it's impossible when it happens to you,however I would say the same,try not to worry.just so you know I decided to let them remove both my ovaries as well,to prevent any problems in the future.that was my choice as I'm 46 years old.after the op my surgeon said that the cyst was a lot bigger than they expected and I made the right decision in removing my right ovary as well as their was endemitrosis present.im currently still recovering,and in no pain at all just a bit of discomfort.please try not to worry.i hope this helps you Theresa x
    • Posted

Thanks Theresa for the information not scared of operation just sick of side effects was so sick last night.  Started to feel sick now so as soon as see a consultant the better.  Got appointment with my GP next week to see what to do next as also have high CA 125 

Thanks Anne

• Posted

Hi anne- raised CA125 is not always an indicator of cancer. Mine was 27 - normal is 35,but I was told they weren't worried as it is usually in the 100s or 1000s before they are concerned. I had a hysterectomy(laparotomy) in jan 2015 everything WAS benign and I feel great. I'm post menopausal and had 2 cysts 8cm and 5cm,but no symptoms at all. They usually monitor cysts under 5cm with ultrasound scans. Good luck x
    • Posted

Thanks Sylvia makes me feel better that my levels are not that high.  Not sure why I have pain constipation/loose motions and urinating a lot.  Seeing gp next to see what happens next.
    • Posted

Hi anne - good luck and write down all the questions you want to ask doctor. I was told that everything in your abdomen is tightly packed so your cyst might be pressing on your bladder/bowel causing problems. x
  • Posted

Hi Anne,

Your Ca 125 level ar 55 is elevated but not to the alarming point. Camcers usually are on thousand levels. Mildly elevated maybe due to a minor infection. Try changing.your diet to high fiber one to help with constipation. Your abdo pain maybe related to constipation. Hormonal replacement may be discussed too.

• Posted

Thanks for advise

I have to eat high fibre as suffered from IBS for 15 years.  I go to the gym 5 days a week and eat healthy with lots of fibre and fruit in diet.  I take movicol as well.  I have taken HRT for 5 years as been on the change for 5 years.

• Posted

Can anyone tell me how long you waited for ca125 result please? Sorry to hijack your thread x
    • Posted

Hi KT80 I waited 6 days and got a phone call off liaison nurse to say CA 125 was 27 (normal) x
    • Posted

Thanks I had mine done Thursday and the HCA didn't know how long results took. I phoned today to be told normal by receptionist but then she realised she was looking at different tests I had done 2 weeks ago!
  • Posted

My test results take 3 days 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.