HELP OUT PLS!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with HBV last year October while trying to donate blood as part of requirement for antenatal registration. My wife also did but tested negative.

Please, what's the meaning of this my result and the implication, any cause for alarm?

HBsAg, HBeAb and HBcAb- Positive

HBsAb and HBeAg- Negative

LFT Results done last month ending: Ast 36 Alt 46 All phos 63 Bilirubin <17

pls note: the hbv test was done twice with 6months interval and the same result was obtained. thanks pls="" note:="" the="" hbv="" test="" was="" done="" twice="" with="" 6months="" interval="" and="" the="" same="" result="" was="" obtained.="">

pls note: the hbv test was done twice with 6months interval and the same result was obtained. thanks>

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HBsAg positive means you have the virus in your blood

HBeAb positive means you have recovered from the acute phase and are chronically infected. 

HBsAB negative means you have not been protected by vaccination.

HBeAG negative means your virus is not replicating at a high level, which may be why you have not infected your wife. However she should be vaccinated to give her better protection. 

Your liver enzyme levels are within normal range which means hopefully the virus is not damaging your liver at the moment.

However viral loads can go up and Hep B is notorious for causing cirrhosis and liver cancer. I would discuss with a hepatologist whether to have your viral load checked via a DNA PCR and whether to go on antivirals to,protect you long term.

• Posted

My doctor gave me Livolin to be taken once daily and suggested I do HBV DNA viral load, but another doctor, a prof. said it is not necessary (since my HBeAg is negative, I don't have any symptom, my wife is negative and LFT is normal) and that I should just be repeating the LFT after every 6months.
  • Posted

Thanks a ton!
  • Posted

I hope someone could help because this info will be useful for me as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.