help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.

Last year after 6 months of ct symptoms I had my right hand done under LA in November and my left hand done January under GA. They both took a while to start getting back to normal. Continued with after surgery issues like swelling, hot pains in fingers etc for few months after. I started work again in the March. But my hands still hurt.....especially evenings when they ache and feel like crampy pain inside them. At night the littlest 2 fingers on each often go dead. In the mornings or when theyve been still for a while they are stiff and making a fist is "tight" can't make a fist property ( warm water makes them feel better ) Consultant decided to do a nerve test a few weeks ago but said although some minor nerve damage nothing significant. Had arthritis test which was negative and have now be referred to a rheumatology clinic ( in 8 weeks) am going stir crazy as they ache so much and disturb sleep. They just seem so worn out as if I have been decorating / painting all day

Has anyone had anything similar or sugesstions please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

I understand and know what you are going through I had open CTS in December on my dominant left hand as you numbness, swelling and often pain this is now in my right hand and my elbow is so painful, I had nerve tests 3 weeks ago and waiting to go back to consultant for results as you I can't go in with this if not one thing it's another x I am not sure if normal or not x

• Posted

Hi rachel

I have similar experience i had my open ctr six weeks ago and my hand is under great pain especially at sleeping time or regular use of my hand

I went to my surgeon several times and he adviced me to wait awhile before considering any decisions

I take vitamine b complex which didn't work apparently

Unfortunately I can't do anything except waiting another month to see if it improves

Hope u get a speed recovery and me too

• Posted

Both hands really struggled to settle down after op. Took a good 3 months to feel like the ct symptoms had gone. Hope your hands start improving soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.