HELP PLEASE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

This is the 4th time this year that I've gotten Bacterial Tonsillitis- I've been tested for glandular fever and it's negative. Anyways it's back again and all the other times the doctor has given me antibiotics. He said that he cannot keep prescribing them to me because it just seems to be coming back. What will they do next? Will they remove them? I needed to know fast because I have my A-Level exams in a week.

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What ended up happening ? I have been on antibiotics off and on for the past 4 months and I am going back to my Dr tomorrow.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry, I have only just seen this. In the time it took me to reply I actually got tonsillitis again and they just prescribed me antibiotics again, no talk of removing them at all

• Posted

Get your tonsils removed.  When I was a kid ALL kids had them removed, it was routine, the thought was that they get infected so easily and they are not needed anymore with our sanitary conditions vastly improved, they were just a problem waiting to happen and removal is easy. 
  • Posted

Get your tonsils removed.  When I was a kid ALL kids had them removed, it was routine, the thought was that they get infected so easily and they are not needed anymore with our sanitary conditions vastly improved, they were just a problem waiting to happen and removal is easy. 
  • Posted

Have they done a swab for strep? It can linger on in the cells. In bowel.

Good luck with exams

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.