Help... started cymbalta depression & anxiety worst

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started cymbalta 5wks ago & my symptoms are worst.

How long does it take to actually start working & does your symtoms get worst before getting better? I also have no appetite, agitated, can't focus & concentrate. Also on & off diarrhea. Should I change medication or maybe I need a higher mg to help. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Linda

You never mentioned how many mg you are on? Read my posts and see if they can answer any questions or feel free to private message me. I am currently on 30 mg per day with a view of going upto 60 mg per day. Wouldn't give up as you've already came along way them. Everyone is different. It can work quick for others or takes time.

Regards

Garry 😃

• Posted

Hi Garry

I am taking 30mg. I am going to doctor tonight 8:30 I don't know weather to tell her i want to come off of it or increase dosage? Actually she's a (apn) Psychiatric Evaluations & Medication Monitoring.

• Posted

I felt really bad on duloxetine, my breathing was beginning to get affected I could breathe in only so far, I also started feeling I wasn't in control of my body or thoughts. I told the Dr but they say just keep taking the pills, I stopped taking them and wow did I suffer, I started withdrawing they say it can be worse than heroin. I'm still not right yet, not been able to do anything for two weeks, so please speak to dr b4 you do anything. And yes running to toilet, terrible cramps and I was like a lunatic regarding my mind I really felt I was losing it. I hope this helps a bit, look up withdrawing from cymbalta it's really scary stuff I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Take care xx

• Posted

Hi pinkdiamond

How long were u taking duloxetine and what mg?

This is week 5 for me on 30mg & it seem my side effects are somewhat better but my depression & anxiety is worse. I am also taking xanax 0.5 mg for a couple years now & I have become tolerant to it so it's not working for me like it did. I am so afraid to go off cymbalta because of the terrible withdrawal side effects. I have to take something because I can't cope without something without having a nervous breakdown.

• Posted

Hi Linda I think I was on them for 6mth 120mg a day, please talk to dr if you want to come of them as you have to wean yourself, I didn't and believe me withdrawal was like I was having a breakdown plus I honestly think I could have hurt someone, if I got out the house I was a prisoner in my bed for two week solid wouldn't have been bad but I couldn't sleep I was climbing the walls, crying, screaming my body was aching. I stopped taking them because I was a totally different person on them, it def wasn't me. I'm now back on citalopram after an eight day fight with Drs they just don't listen. I hope this helps and doesn't frighten. Take care xx

• Posted

Hi pinkdiamond, just got back from dr & explained what I was going though.

She told me the reason i was still depressed & had anxiety was because the dose wasn't high enough now put me on 60mg. She also told me that xanax only last for 3hours & that's why people take more & more each day. Now she switched me to another anxiety med Klonapin 1mg & said this will work longer with the anxiety.

I will try this & if the increased cymbalta gives me a problem I will call her right away.

• Posted

I really hope they work for you Linda and the other one, because this depression is no fun. Wishing you the best x
    • Posted

Thanks, I am so scared on using a higher dose!!

I'm not sure if the Klonapin is going to be the same as the xanax & work as well as the the xanax did in the past for me. According to her it works the same but last a lot longer. I am sooo sick of feeling so depressed & having anxiety. I will keep u posted on how I'm doing!!

• Posted

I don't know if this is any help but I always take my tabs at night to get all side effects out the way, when sleeping don't feel nothing. I do understand what your going through believe me. I've suffered on and off all my life. Take care xx

• Posted

I will start the 60mg this wkend because I'm off Sat-Mon just in case I get any side effects from higher dosage. I really hate being on this I just don't feel like myself!!! I hope the Klonapin works as well as the xanax did for me before I became tolerant to it....wish me luck!!

• Posted

Linda take it Friday night then and if you groggy Saturday it's not so bad then same sat night for Sunday just til you start feeling benefit, but if I wasn't feeling right on 30 I wouldn't be going up to 60 and I've not heard of other drugs you take. Anyway good luck xx

• Posted

Linda I am also on 30 mg and was just increased to 60 a day 30 twice a day .I was on 20 mgs to start after 3 weeks went to 30 mgs I felt I had plateaued so we went to 60 mgs. it does help somewhat with depression and for me has no side effects. I have tried everything out there and always have awful side effects. I just wish this was more effective. Today for some reason I have terrible anxiety which hasn't been bad lately so I really don't know. Very frustrating to say the least

• Posted

Hi Carol, I was on the 30mg for close to 6 wks & now increased to 60mg which I didn't start yet. On the 30mg I went though the bathroom problems but that has gotten better, now I am getting joint pains & pains in my arms & wrist. I don't know if this is because of the cymbalta but it did start after a few wks on it. I asked the pharmacist & she said it should help the pain. I did read u must be on 60mg to help with any muscle pain. I do have anxiety every morning & evening. So I don't know if this   will help with a higher dosage I HOPE SO!!

I am so sick with feeling so depressed & having anxiety.

A friend of mind is on Lexapro 30mg & this is helping her. My Doctor doesn't like lexapro so she wouldn't put me on it.

Good Luck & keep me posted on your progress!!!!

• Posted

I'm going to try the 60mg & see how that goes. Maybe the 30mg which is a low dose according to Dr is not enough to help me. I just can't tolarate the anxiety every morning & evening. I just want my old self back again!!!

• Posted

That's good then I hope it works out for you. As I said earlier I wasn't myself on them. Wishing you well. 

• Posted

I took my first full dose , 60.Thirty in the am & again in th pm I had a faily good day although it started out with a lot of anxiety but calmed down. This does help with depression,at least for me not so much for the anxiety at least not yet. These meds take time to work so give it a chance. Feel free to private message me.

• Posted

What are u taking now? If anything when did u start taking a new med?

I like to keep my options open just in case this doesn't work out for me.

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.