Help with IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Over the last year or so I've been struggling with IBS it first started when I was was having sicky and bad smelling burps then been sick I went to my GP and they did all bloods and said that it must be IBS. So I kept a good diary of what i ate and now whenever I eat fried or greasy food or chocolate I get these burps then I'm sick does anyone else suffer with sickness rather than irritable bowels?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Nausea and burping can occur with IBS.  I had on off nausea with my IBS when it started and if I have a bad flare up, the pain can make me feel sick.  However, I have never vomited. Avoid eating the foods that trigger your symptoms. Fried, greasy food or chocolate are common irritants with IBS.  I have stress related IBS but no food problems.
    • Posted

thanks for this im on a very plain diet now and aviding all fatty or greacy foods as this obv causes me to be sick. I think i may just have very sensitive stomach and struggles to digest fat and greace. As once im sick im fine 
    • Posted

Hi Rebecca I have ibs but I don't get sick like you are , although it dose effect everyone different, I suffer with bad constipation or the other , I also take omeprazole for my tummy, I have reciently tried stopping different food, like I have been cutting down on dairy and using alternatives , I really like alpro coconut milk, it nice even with cereal , I think it is a case of trial and error, I grill most off my food as well , 

• Posted

I have acid reflux as well and I used to have chronic trouble with digesting fatty foods which would leave the fat lying in my stomach and make me feel sick.  A cooked breakfast and fish and chips would set me off.  This has since got better and I can eat these foods again. However, I still have trouble with salami which is very fatty and the last time I had it,  I was up all night vomiting.  IBS has not made this worse.
  • Posted

Hi so you don't have irritable bowels?

If not why did the doctor call it that?firstly burping a lot can be nerves and smelly breathe as well.

I burp a lot and have bad breathe but I'm sure it's to do with being nervous.

I have just had a bout of semonella poisoning and now seem to have Pi ibs. Haven't done back to normal since the attack.

Goodluck with finding out what it is but that's just my spin on it. Cheers

• Posted

I went to the doctors with my daily food diary and my smptoms the doctor said they think its IBS cause it can affect my bowels but sickness comes first normally i get blocked up then sickness comes and then after im sick it normally settles it normally sets off when i eat greacy foods i.e fish and chips from the fish and chip shop or burgars so now ive cut them out i may just have a very sensitive stomach.
    • Posted

The Dr called it that because most Dr's are stupid and don't know the first thing about ibs. They just tell anyone who has any kind of digestive system discomfort etc that "oh its ibs" so they can fob them off. To be ibs there must be a change in bowel movements that lasts a prolonged period of time ( I think it's 12 weeks but can't remember). This MAY be accompanied by bloating, distension, pain, cramping, urgency and frequency, tenesmus etc.

• Posted

You don't have ibs because your bowels are fine. You most probably have reflux. Look up GERD

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.