Hemiplegic Migraine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

New here. Will you share the average number of days your whole episode lasts? And specifically which motor symptoms you experience and how long they last?

I am on my 13th day and my speech and difficulty walking continues. I am under neurologist care. Starting Verapamil because mine is likely genetic form (have multiple cousins in same family line with this), considering genetic test.

Thank you for your insight. This condition is frustrating, especially when each episode seems different lengths.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

In my case after a week I am back to normal, but I am usually admitted into hospital.  The whole of my left side is affected and facial movements too.  I have to have physiotherapy to relearn how to walk,  But since I started Botox I have had fewer episodes.  Plus I take Flunarizine too.

Good luck and hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for response. Why do you go to hospital? Hydration?

For me it's my right side.

Take care

• Posted

They admit me to hospital because they think its a stroke.  My GP says to always phone for an ambulance as I dont know and indeed the ambulance paramedics dont know for sure either.  But I usually see a neuro dr quite soon after arrival and they decide not to CT scan me as I have had a few now
  • Posted

Hi byrdie i often had the whole experience of migraine for 3weeks it then takes me a few weeks to get back to normal.i do feel drained after having it so long.i find zomig rapid melt tabkets work sometimes other than that i take excredrin and a dark room nothing else helps.its hard going hope u feel better soon
  • Posted

I started having problems with my right side that lasted 2 months with weakness and heaviness in leg especially.  I also lost the sight in my right eye twice. My doctor said it was MS and the ophthalmologist said it was hemiplegic migraines...still waiting for a final verdict.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.