HEPATITIS B

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with hepatitis b my enczymes were at 3,580 , I was hospitalized 4 days to monitor my progress. When I was released my enczymes were at 2,400 and recently was tested and they were at 1,600. I had a previous condition of gastritis and the damage to my liver made it worse. Now I'm dealing with stomach pain and inflamation. I was doing better but this morning I woke up WITH STOMACH INFLATED PAIN IN MY UP RIGHT SIDE AND YELLOW EYES again. I'm not sure what is going on if I was getting better.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Id go back to hospital immediately! Did they give you discharge paperwork? It should have instructions on it. Did the gastritis make your liver worse? 
    • Posted

I did I was just released today after 4 days. The doctor said my condition will get worse before getting better meaning that I have to deal with bad symptoms like vomiting. Nausea, yellow eyes, fatigue, stomach inflammation etc. Just have to make sure I keep myself hydrated. sad
  • Posted

I have Hep B and those same symptoms although my enzymes have never been that high.  Are you sure it's your stomach, and not your liver that's causing right quadrant pain?  You may have ascites and jaundice.  Your total bilirubin is probably elevated also.  Sometimes when my liver is swollen (hepatomegaly) my spleen is as well (splenomegaly).  Make sure they continue to monitor your blood work.

• Posted

I was in the hospital for 4 days getting MRI and also endoscopy to make sure there was no stones, the GI doctor explained that it will take a few weeks before the liver goes back to normal , during this time I'm gonna have to deal with stomach discomfort (pain) nausea , probably vomiting and yellow eyes.

I was released today , I have to follow up with blood testing, multivitamins and folic acid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.