Here we go again...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had one genital hsv1 outbreak and that began on the 10th of July and ended about a week and half later. Ever since then I haven't had an outbreak, but about 4 days ago I had intercourse and the day after my legs were feeling pretty sore.. and not like it normally would after having done that. The soreness lasted for about 2 days, I didn't feel it yesterday, and then today I saw a bump that itched a little bit and the lymph nodes on the inside of my legs are swollen. So, I'm pretty for sure my second outbreak is just beginning. I'm really scared that it's going to be as bad as my first outbreak. I know I've heard that the outbreaks that follow the first one aren't nearly as bad, but I can't help but feel like that might not be the case, as this virus affects every individual differently. Has anyone experienced these symptoms? And can anyone tell me (who has hsv-1) how their second outbreak was? I've read that since hsv-1 prefers to live above the belt, the outbreaks aren't as bad and they aren't as often... I don't know. I think I just need to hear it from someone who actually has it. I just got done crying and I do not feel good about myself at all and I keep having the feelings that I just don't deserve anything anymore. I've been pretty positive about this whole thing the past few weeks, but I guess having it show up again is bringing on all these feelings again.. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe,

I have hsv-2 not type 1, so far I've had 2 outbreaks and my second was 100% easier to deal with than the first. I probably had about 3 sores with my second and they didn't give me anywhere near as much pain and discomfort as with the first. It still lasted for about a week but was so much easier to handle and didn't get in the way of my normal life at all. I was dreading the second outbreak too but was relieved at how much better it was.

I really hope you have a similar experience but try not to stress too much over it as I think that can make it even worse. I'm pretty sure my second outbreak was triggered by a week of suffering with severe anxiety so I've been trying to get on top of anxiety and stress to prevent more.

Don't be so hard on yourself and try to stay positive you aren't any less of a person since your diagnosis which is something it took me a month or so to come to terms with too. Just give yourself time and be patient and eventually you'll get to a point where you forget you even have it for days or even weeks on end.

Katie x

• Posted

Thank you Katie. I hope my experience is the same as yours. I am trying my hardest not to stress.. it's just so new to me.
    • Posted

I have hsv 1 on the genitals and I actually got my second outbreaks after three months from my first. &yes it's true it's not as bad as the first time. When I got my first outbreak the tingle was really consistent and strong. For my second outbreak it was a slight tingle. i had about the same blisters as the first but they didn't hurt as bad. I was actually able to walk and work comfortable. But knowing it was there did make me feel uncomfortable. I use raw Apple cider vinegar on my blisters. It stings pretty bad but if you tough out the sting and constantly put it on your blisters it will heal faster. It works for me ! smile & also aloe vera gel is great! Maybe buy yourself aloe vera plant since its straight from the plant. Makes wonders smile hope that helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.