Here We Go. . Day One on Wellbutrin.

Posted , 6 users are following.

After having a negative experience with strong side effects of Zoloft(snri), i have begun day one of treatment with Wellbutrin(nri).  Previous dosage of Zoloft was 50mg.  Beginning dosage for Wellbutrin is 150mg.  My goal with this medication is to be relieved of anxiety/social insecurity/touch of depression/lack of ability to focus or maintain attention to task.  Outside of the medication I have begun attending church in a more regular fashion.  It's a new church for me.  It's a small church and I like that.  I have spoken several times with the pastor and he has even offered to give me discipleship classes one on one!  I believe God is the ultimate healer.  For right now I will use this medication as well.  Anyone else on day one?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi World,

I have been on Welburtin for a couple months.  I have a seen a difference but not huge, but I must admit I self medicated and think it is time to up my dosage.  What I can tell you is you will probably lose a little weight.  I have the same problems/symptoms that you do.  I have found church to be a massive help and reading the bible.  I just found the prayer of Jabez which I say every day.  I agree God is the ulitmate healer. Try and pray for him to be with you in everything you do and with you always go to him first with problems.

I also exercise A LOT. an hour + a day of running.  That has helped me.

As far as focus, try and keep a schedule for yourself and make sure you finish all your tasks each day. It will gradually make it easier and easier for you to concentrate. When you have structure and deadlines it somehow works.  Also try volunterring and come here often and talk to people, this forum has really helped me know I am not alone in my depression and I can always talk to someone here who knows exactly how I feel.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice and time in responding,  I will definately be looking up the prayer of Jabez.   

Ok, so here is my blessing/curse...: I was involved in a car wreck at 16 and spent ten days in a coma.  I awoke and had to learn all over how to walk talk and tie my shoes.  Had a year of intense recovery.   I receive money from a settlement from that accident and will do so for the rest of my life.  You say you exercise ALOT well, I have ALOT of free time.  My tendancy is to isolate from people.   I'm a man in his 40's with no wife or kids..  I think i will depress myself if i continue with this line, but you se where it's heading.  I do exercise often, everyday as well.   My problem is in devising the schedule that I must stick with.  A rut I fall into is comparing myself to others.  Like their success only validates my failure.  Oh boy, i think enough said.  Thanks again for your words.

• Posted

WAIT... dont get discouraged!!   Hang on...  I know what where u are coming from. I am in my thirties, my dad died this january and he was the last of my family. My career fell apart at exactly the same time when I have never had a non busy year in my life.  And i am single

I know exactly what you are saying.  My pastor gave me the advice about the schedule.  I know what you mean about having too much time.  Take small steps. Dont overwhelm yourself. but see for a starter if you can volunteer at church one day a week. and keep building on your schedule. walk your dog or an elderly neighbors dog.  Just do small things that will make a difference to someone else no matter how insignificant you may find them.

I am so sorry that i discouraged you.  NOOOO, we, people with no family have to get involved with others.  I know how hard that is,  I KNOW i am living it.  Try just baby steps, So happy you have a good church, just start there... start small.  and please post often I will pray for you. 

• Posted

Your post brought tears to my eyes.  I am so sorry you lost your father.   Your strength is commendable.  Thank God for souls like you.  I appreciate your encouragement so much.  I went to my church today and just sat on the steps to read a few chapters of Matthew.  Tried the door, but it was locked.  Church is the one place i feel safe from myself.  You know, your initial reply didn't cause me to have a negative reaction.  I just have this uncanny way of turning just about anything negative it seems.  I beat myself up over stupid things I have said to people 10 years ago.  My friend (which i have few) says that we have no control over our first thought, but the second and third we have to snap out of it.   The mind is a tricky thing to control.  I've also heard it said that the devil does his best work between our ears.  My name is John.  Thank you so much for your encouragement and advice.  I  will put it to use. 

• Posted

Hi John, I hope you are feeling better. I know what  a daily struggle  fighting  despair  can be.  Please just take the tiny steps and know you are not alone. You have God and us. My name is Lauren
  • Posted

Sounds like you have a wonderful church and a caring pastor.  I've been taking Sertraline for some time now, but to no effect.  I'll check on the Wellbutrin, but I hear one of its side effects is weight gain which I can do without!  This doesn't mean it happens to everyone though.  Good luck with feeling betterconfused

• Posted

I am not on day one. But I went from Paxil to Wellbutrin. And I remember the first day well. It sounds like you are getting into a lot of great things that will be wonderful for you and your health. It is often that I see a post of positivity. Most times (my self included) post when we are in a bad moment. It is really nice to read of someone's success. It is helpful and inspirational.

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.