Hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I fear I have or will get a hernia if I keep straining. I have chronic constipation and strain a lot! I have pains in my stomach and my stomach gets sore when I strain to have a BM on both sides of my stomach on either side of my belly button. I dont have any visible signs of one through and my doctor checked me and my stomach and says I dont have one but I am convinced that I do have a hernia or will get one lol. Is it hard to get a hernia? and could the doctor be wrong about me not having one?  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You won't get a hernia by straining you would know if you had one as it sticks out like a big boil and is painful you get it as you get older your muscle mass gets thinner and lifting anything heavy can cause it but you will be ok
  • Posted

I think it's more important to get your bm and pain whilst opening them sorted, if the doctor has ruled out hernia then try not to worry. Because of the strain your going through and having to push then it's more likely you will get hemerroids. You can try adding a lot more fibre to your diet.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for earing my mind. I dont wish a hernia on anyone lol. I have hermmoroids already lol 
  • Posted

You would definately know if you had a hernia as it is so painful and it sticks out, sounds  like the pains you are having is  because of the constipation, it could be due to your diet and you need more fibre, but you could try prunes, kiwis, flaxseeds, fruit etc., also drink LOTS of water, and if it carries on then go back to see your doctor who should do some tests if he has not done so already.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Okay thanks Jackie. I guess I can assume I dont have one since I am very thin and nothing is sticking out and its not painful. I know i need to increase the fiber and water in my diet. Thanks 
  • Posted

I read on line that some hernias cannot be felt and there may not be a bulge with some hernias! so then how can I be sure I dont have one? I have slight pain in my stomch when straining and stanidng up but cant feel any lumps or bumps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.