Hernia an ?'s

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is my first go around w a small and a larger hernia.

Apt to visit surgeon next mon.

Any info will help bc I'm not real familiar with it.

Thanks going into this having no clue

What to expect before and after. Ready for recovering and feeling bettersmile

Info appreciated🤓

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

im not brave enough to go but i wish you all the best vicki let us know how it goes x
    • Posted

I've got to do something it's getting worse and I'm sick often. Will let you know and wish it hadn't appeared.
  • Posted

Do you have a hiatal hernia? If so, my doctor tells me not to have surgery unless absolutely necessary because it could make it worse. Plus I've read many discussions on here where they've had a few surgeries and it keeps coming back and that is due to the wall is weakened to begin with.
  • Posted

Hi Vicki if you dont need to have the repair, dont and there is a lot of controversy around about mesh used in hernia repair.  Do your research.  Do a google search under mesh problems and find out everything you can there are groups on facebook who are very well informed it is mainly around mesh used in pelvic floor repairs, but there is some medical opinion around that all hernia mesh has potential and longer term problems.  I have had a mesh repair but it does cause me some problems.  Please research I wish I had before my surgery.
    • Posted

Ty Shirley appreciate will do more research . It's an inguinal hernia
  • Posted

I had a very large hiatal hernia repaired on Dec. 22nd of last year.   Although I am better, I still have "issues."   My appetite isn't what it was before the surgery, which is very annoying for me.   I can eat most soups, ice cream, puddings, yogurt, and sometimes mac and cheese.    But if I eat "chunky" items, I get pain and usually end up throwing up.    When I do throw up, it's always something that looks like slime.    If it continues, I guess that I will have to make a return visit to my surgeon.
    • Posted

That's not good hopefully a return to surgeon can help you. My appetite has really gone down and get nausea if I over eat. Hoping surgery helps .
  • Posted

I have a hiatal hernia and as I've said before do not have surgery unless absolutely necessary because it could make it worse. I do want to say that the doctor has given me Ativan and Bentyl which will relax your gutt and that tends to help me more than anything. Stress and worrying absolutely makes it worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.