Hernia Mesh problems, lawsuits?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello to all.. I would like to hear from anyone who has had hernia mesh removed and the results . I had a hernia op done in 2014- dealing with chronic pain ever since. I am joining a lawsuit agianst the mesh. Specifically it would be helpful to know the pain levels before and after with medications. Thanks In advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a large mesh after incisional hernia surgery. Took 6 months to fully recover but recover I did.

I. Didn't know the law suit covered mesh as recent as 2014.

Interesting.

• Posted

Hi I have a mesh repair for incisional hernia,  I am not in chronic pain, but at times feels like I am wearing a very tight restrictive corset, I also have abdominal spasm, which cause me to make noises from my mouth, this is sometimes accompanied by accute pain which passes after the spasm,  I have learned from joining a facebook page think it is called meshmenot that this may be caused by nerve damage.  If you want info about mesh removal this and other places on facebook is the place to be.  It is mainly about mesh for POP and SUI but some members like us are also casualties of hernia mesh.  Good trawling

• Posted

I'm thinking of getting my mesh removed. Have you found out anything else about this? I would like to be informed. The mesh has totally ruined my life...

• Posted

If you are in the UK you need to find a surgeon who can remove the mesh, if you are in the US the mesh me not group on facebook publish a list of surgeons who can do this, but you have to pay or have medical insuance
  • Posted

Hello.

I had a inguinal hernia repair done in 2001 and I'm still suffering from it.

Could you please tell me who you are joining with regards to a lawsuit.

Kind regards

Stephen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.