Herniated disc putosion L4-L5 said I need a microdictomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

AM 37 and always had problems with my lower back,3 days here,1 week here,back gives out,and the pain oh my gosh,I wok as a certified nurse aide,for 15 yrs,when I felt the pain and such over,there I go too my chiropractic dr,and be good,for years this was my norm,then one week I called the EMT 3 days in a row;excruciating pain,couldn't move,they couldn't do nothing for me,I even begged for a cayther,cause I couldn't go to rr,how embarrassed that was too me,dr said no,two weeks like that,then it subsided.that was last year,then I went back too work,this past feb,had pain going down my legs,mri done,it only sucks cause now I don't have insurrance, have too find an agency too help,with surgery,and on top of that I've been caring for my husband for 2 yrs who has MS,he is in a wheel chair,and needs help with daily activities,I have too get a provider for,and he had too stop his water therapy cause I can't physicaly do it any more,I have some depression,cause I can't help,I really don't like being on pain med,I try too go with out it,but that only last an hour,I'm glad my Dr put me on gabapentin 100 mg,cause I'm now able too sleep better,well that's what's Goin on with me.....

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

U are amazing I had l4 l5 major compression I had emergency surgery. I lost bladder and bowel control so I have a colostomy and ileal conduit wee stoma then they at ro remove the bladder. I have had 3 other
    • Posted

Hi keith,sorry too hear that;I will add u too my prayers,I hope this surgery I'm going too have,helps me.if u don't mind me asking,did u have nerve damge,am so scared about that.

• Posted

Sounds as though you are going through it.  I thought when I readd Keith's post, oh no.  I have 3 prolapsed diwcs from L3/4 and down, I have never heard of a 3 disc fusion and if I have its not been either done well or the op has failed. I am taking lots of meds and I do yoga but my body knows exactly when i need to take Lyrica which I think is terrible.  I dread what its going to do to me.  The dr in Valencia has said that it was a very dangerous operation and I don't think I am going to argue with him.  

Has anyone had a 2 or 3 fusion and been happy with the result.  I fear that the op fails later on in life.  I would like to know if anyone can help with comments.

Misty, I feel for you, I thought I was in a terrible position but you are really going through it.  Stick in there, keep asking questions about your treatment, the more you know and can read up on the better your understanding will be.  Lyrica does work for me but I have started to forget things, stupid things like names of anything not just people.  My mother is always dry but those are the only side affects.  I worry that the memory thing is telling me its something else......

• Posted

Hi Enna,yes it's alot of stuff am going thru,but am tring my hardest too past thru it,my mind is racing all day long,about what I need too do for my husband and I.

I don't know much about the spine,and the difference in surgeries,if I hear any thing about a 3 disk fusion I'll let u know,I'll also add u too my prayers if u don't mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.