Herpes or what exactly... This is weird

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so I have to tell you I have psoriasis. Why is that important? Because I normally get it on my penis. It sucks to be me.It has been under treatment and I do get outbreaks every couple months, but I put the cream on and it is gone in a day. I take Otezla to manage it daily.

My skin is sensitive because of psoriasis. My wife and I did not have sexual relations in about 6 weeks because we have been at odds with each other and were holding out until the other gave in. Yes, we are mature 35 year olds hahaha. 

We finally had sex. I only get psoriasis plaque on my penis head, not the shaft. For some reason two pieces of skin got ripped off. I figured it was because it was impromtu sex, she was very tight, and it was perhaps too rough for me as I didn't even masterbate during those 6 weeks, so it was like the first contact I had down there in a while.

The next morning when I work up, burned like all hell. Literally think of taking a knife and slicing the top layer of sking off in a 1/4" circle one location and the other probably 1/8". It wasn't ulcer like at all. It looked like the top later of skin just got ripped off. It wasn't inflammed, puffy, or anything. Even while the sore was open it wasn't leaking any fluid, just some very light bleeding. 

I had that for 4 days. Just the open sores. Then around day 5, I started feeling sick. Day 7, it started hurting when I pee. Day 8, it really hurt, I had to call the doctor and get a presciption antibiotic for UTI.

Day 9 - Extremely sore throat. 

Day 10 - no more pain while peeing, infection is gone in my urinary tract but I am still sick.

Day 11 (today) - White spots on throat (could have been there, but I just checked today. Also, my wounds on my penis have been healing. They have scabs on them that are whitish. They also look a little more ulcerish because of the healing going on, but I think that is just the new skin starting to grow and close the wound. Right below one of them, I have a swollen lump. It is soft and right on top of a vein. No bumps or dots or anything. The lump is red.

I was just tested a few months ago for STD's and I was clean. I doubt she cheated on me and I didn't cheat on her.

I am think that it is possible that due to my skin condition the friction caused my sores. Since we were visiting my mom at the time, I wasn't as clean as I usually am and because of that, I think what happened was the wounds got infected leading to the infections I have now.

Typically I heal slow. I burned my hand about 3 - 4 months ago on a scolding hot cast iron pan. It took almost 5 weeks for that burn mark to heal completely. So the fact that the soars are still there does not worry me as every day I can see they are getting smaller and smaller and healing. What worries me is the other stuff, like that swollen lump that appeared today and the infections I have had.

Does this sound like herpes? Is this how herpes is? 

Again, no discharge of liquids or puss. The sores were open and hurt from being open wounds and took about 5 days before I started getting sick with high temps and eventually UTI and now a throat infections with white spots.

I just want an opinion on this as I'm worried. We go to the same doctor and everybody will think I cheated on her if I somehow have herpes now.... not fun. This has me a little concerned. Maybe I always had it? Is there other ways besides sex to contract it? My Dad has the regular herpes the type 1 on his face. 

Thanks for responses.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

UPDATE: I just looked at it again and the lump that is over the vein below a sore seems to have a small black dots in it. It could be an in-grown hair? The dots definitely look like pores when I squeeze it, they go in and are not out or above It isn't painful. It is just like a squishy lump. I did just do trimming down there a few days ago before this UTI infection.

Lastly, my throat infection. The white stuff is in the back of my mouth on the left (mostly) and slightly on the right side. Nothing really in the tonsil part.

• Posted

You can contact you through oral sex if she had a cold sore. Then that would just mean you have hsv 1 (sounds weird but its the better one to have)

When i got my first outbreak it burned to pee, or to do anything for that matter. i felt better in the bath but even then it hurt like hell.

As for the actual sores mine were VERY itchy, skin flaked off because i accidently scratched in my sleep. The sores were open with a discharge and it was kind of a cluster of blisters.

• Posted

The only way to know is get tested for hsv (IgG only, type-specific blood test or swab of a very new sore (within 24-48 hr and even then swab misses around half of actual cases so blood test is better). You can get it at std clinic if you don't want to go to your regular Dr. STD screenings usually do not test for herpes, although they should, so your prior testing means nothing unless you know you did receive the IgG test and were negative).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.