Herpes? Thrush? Candida? 36 y/o male problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Around five years ago, I began to get very dry, flaky and itchy skin on my face, particularly around my eyes. Without going into too much detail, I eventually went to a doctor who told me I had a fungal infection and prescribed me both oral and topical antifungals. Within a few days, the condition had improved significantly and after around 6 months, all symptoms seemed to have disappeared.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks before this Christmas just gone, and my face once again began to get very dry, itchy and flaky as it had done previously. I was away from home so visiting a doctor was inconvenient, but I bought myself the same topical antifungal that I had been previously prescribed. The condition has slowly improved, and is visually much better, but it still feels very dry around my eyes.

Ten days ago I had a one night stand. I used a condom, but received unprotected oral sex. The day after the encounter, the shaft of my penis began feeling dry and I began applying moisturiser. A week ago, as I was going to bed, I saw the skin of my penis had virtually dried up completely; no moisture whatsoever. I applied moisturiser and went to sleep. When I awoke, the dry skin had completely flaked off and my penis was very red.

During the past week since that occured, my penis has gotten a lot of sores which hurt to touch and my foreskin is enflamed. It is very painful to pull the foreskin back, but when I have done so, the glans appears unaffected. My pelvic lymph nodes became swolen for a few days but that has now mostly subsided.

I want to believe that this is all an extension of the fungal infection. I have began applying the antifungal cream to my penis, but so far nothing has changed. If I hadn't had the one night stand, I wouldn't have even considered that it might be herpes. Might it be?

The internet gives an abundance of conflicting information, and there isn't a whole lot of info on male genital Candida symtoms.

Can anyone offer any advice? I know the best advice would be to visit a doctor, but I really don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You had sex with a woman that had a yeast infection. It has happened to me as well. The skin on my Penis hurt really bad and the next day it turned black. It began to peel off and then it felt better, but for a few days it was really painful. The skin on your face is being attacked by a fungal type infection that one can't get rid of. I have it and I am on immune suppressants, so it is extra bad in me. I have cut down on the out breaks by washing my face daily with that Blue dandruff shampoo. It works well. Also you can go to a skin doctor and get a medication that will help with the out breaks. I hope this helps. Fungal infections are a tough thing to get rid of, so hang in there. You can't really cure them, but you can help the out breaks when they occur.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply.

This is the first outbreak I've had on my face since it originally happened five years ago.

Did your penis have sores/blisters after the skin had peeled?

Wouldn't that be quite a coincidence if the woman I had sex with also had a yeast infection? Are you saying my penis issues are unconnected to the facial fungus? I'm confused.

• Posted

There is no connection, however the fungus type may be the same. I have out breaks because I am on Prednisone. You need to have it checked out for sure. No I didn't have any blisters. The entire organ turned black and the skin peeled off to reveal new healthy skin that was a bit painful in the shower for a while. yeast can be nasty stuff.

• Posted

I would suggest visiting a doctor to rule out any STD.  It appears regardless that you have an ongoing candida problem, and yes it is very hard to get rid of because a lot of the times when we feel it is gone, it is just dormant......in saying that there are ways to combat, number one if you eat a lot of sugars, that is breeding ground for this type of organism, so I would suggest to do your best to cut our refined sugars, and startches.....probiotics are a must, you need to get more good bacteria in your system to combat yeast, there are yeast cleanses you can get at health food stores, you take them for 14 days and this will help, also garlic is another antufungal.....using creams will give you relief and kill off what is at the surface, but you need to combat the ones in hiding.  Good Luck.  P.S.  I see a lot of these forums where people have unprotected sex, I think that alone is taking ones life in their own hands.....there is a lot of STD's that spread like wild fire, not to mention the much more life threatening diseases out there.  A pack of condoms are not that expensive and it would save people so much distress in my opinion.

• Posted

Thanks.

My local sex health clinic is only open on Tuesdays. I probably should have gone this Thesday just past, but I'm quite shy and the thought of showing my penis (in its current state) and answering questions about my sex life fills me with dread.

I did wear a condom... just not for the oral sex.  How likely is it that I could have caught something from oral sex when she had no sores on her mouth or vagina?

• Posted

If you wore a condom I can't see how it could happen unless some of her fluids got on you when you took it off. I was having unprotected sex with my wife who had a yeast infection. It was the most painful sex that I have ever had. I will never forget it.

• Posted

If you wore a condom it is less likely you have anything to be too concerned about as there would not be exchange of fluids.  To answer your question with oral, it is a good sign when there was no open sores, however if she is a carrier of the herpes virus or even a strep it is possible you could become infected.  Is there any other walk in clinics you could go to other than the one you mentioned, try not to worry these professionals have seen it all. 
    • Posted

Sadly there are no other clinics that I am able to get to, but I will definitely go on Tuesday.

I am not especially concerned; I just want the soreness to go away as it's very debilitating and making me quite unhappy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.