HFM for the fourth time??

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughther has HFM and has been getting it on and off for the last year.

This is now her fourth time. I would be interested to know if anyone else has had it repeatedly. She seems to get it very bad and it can go on for up to two weeks before the spots show. This time the blisters do not seem to be as bad as last time. The previous time the spots appeared all over her body. and even on her face. It is quite a worrying time when she has it as her fever can get very high and she can sometimes not walk as her feet do be so sore.[code:1:863a0d4987][/code:1:863a0d4987]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My daughter is now on her second bout of HFM disease, the last episode being in March 07. I also caught it then so am hoping not to again!!! Spots certainly don't seem as bad on her feet and hands as last time, but some painful ones on her bottom and the mouth ulcers look pretty sore. I had never heard of this disease before March and find it really strange that she has caught it again and I know of no one else who has got it. Hopefully it won't get on to the third and fourth time like your daughter. Hope she gets better soon!
  • Posted

My son has now got hmfd for the third time in twelve months. He goes to preschool so I assume he gets it from there. The staff have never mentioned that it is doing the rounds though. Each time it gets steadily worse, his mouth is full of blisters and is unable to eat at all. He has been living off milk for three days now.

He seems ok in himself a bit letheragic but with bouts of boistrous play with his brother and the odd game of football.

On all three occasions the gp has failed to diagnose the illness. I give calpol when he lets me, but in the main I find you just have to ride it out. Fingers crossed he will not get it again.

• Posted

my daughter had this about 2 months ago, ive noticed that some of her nails are coming off, my gp said that this was related to hfm??
  • Posted

my g.p wrongly diagnosed my son.. he told me he had chicken pox.. then later that day his blisters started to bleed so we had him up to a&e they eventually told me what was wrong with him
  • Posted

i have had the virus 9 times in the last 3 years and it shows no sign of getting better my gp has not been helpful at all.i am a healthy 26 year old male.
    • Posted

Hi! I have had HFMD for about 7 months now, and am wondering if you found any answers? For me it just keeps reoccuring- for 7-10 days i have all the usual symptoms (although not quite as bad as the first round) and then i usually feel better for about a day and then it starts all over again. thank you ! 
  • Posted

two of my grandchildren have had this hfm it is nasty the blisters bled and they were both very unconsoling the youngest screamed in pain would not eat or drink as he obviously associated it with pain. The dr said to grin and bear it MOST HELPFUL :

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.