Hi

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well I'm 35 and almost 9 stone overweight and think it's about time I do something about it

I have been on every diet going since I was 16 so 19 years of dieting I need something a bit more drastic, dieting has worked previously but for only a few weeks so after reading for days and chatting to others I feel the gastric band is for me

I'm going to go and have a chat with my GP tomorrow but will be going private as have been told previously I don't qualify for NHS as other than being overweight im healthy,

Then my journey begins as the call will then be made to book a consultation, just wanted to put something on here incase someone else is at the same stage and could support eachother as I have read others do.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I thought I was reading about me. I had my band done 17 weeks ago all I can say is I am glad I had it done. But it's not a esey way out and is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. And a very slow process. I am going to have my 5 fill on tue. I have lost 34 lb now but most of that was before my opp. then 6 weeks rest so 11 weeks I have lost 12 lb not a lot I don't think. But I no its not going to go back on. I wish you all the luck with your decision.
    • Posted

Hi Pat,

Wow you have done well so far well done, I have booked my consultation for a week Friday so getting excited although there's not a lot online about the surgeon I'm booked into meet.

How have you got on with yours so far are you still in pain? I work in an office and only have one weeks holiday left I'm just preying that will be enough recovery time

• Posted

If you work in a office you will be fine. I am a bus drive and I had 2 weeks off. I am losing about 1 lb aweek Witch I don't think is a lot but I am not very patient. It's not a esey fix as I found out it is slow going. But glad I had it done. Just listen to your body Witch is what I am trying to do at the moment. Good luck on your journey . Keep intuch and let me know how you get on. pat
    • Posted

Well a pound a week off is better than on, I'll let you know how I get on next week
  • Posted

Please don't do gastric one of my sisters had it and has had problems evr since
    • Posted

Hi judy

Sorry to hear your sister has had problems, what kind of problems has she had?

• Posted

Well I have had my consultation today and am all booked in for the 5th of October, feeling a bit scared and excited
    • Posted

Hi Anne your be fine all i can say it's a long rd and you do have to work at it . I wish you well and you will get lots of help and support on here . Pat
    • Posted

Thankyou Pat I'm ready to go on that road now, iv just ordered my shakes for pre op diet I think knowing how much I want this and how much it has cost will encourage me plus support
    • Posted

Good luck with it. I had the asda shakes are fantastic and cheap. Ice in a blender it comes out like McDonald's shakes. And you will need them when you have a fill done. Keep intuch. pat
    • Posted

Hi Pat,

Iv had my shake delivery today it's all becoming real, I'll try the ice and blender with them there was an off online so each shake worked out to be 68p each so wasn't bad, think I'll save the £5 back in no time as I spend a lot on food at the moment.

• Posted

I just remembered you can have oxo they are great when you need some savoury . They keep me going you can have 3 a day x
    • Posted

Ooo good Pat!!

I like a bit of savoury too in the book they gave me at the hospital group I can also have two very low calorie yogurts a day, I did the shake diet a couple of years ago so can remember how I missed savoury just in those few weeks I did it x

• Posted

Hi Pat,

Sorry it's been a while how are you getting on? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.