hi all had my op on Monday afternoon

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I had op on Monday God I feel rough I have an infection in belly button area red raw looking I am o now three different antibiotics, I am at home plenty of painkillers, and the antibiotics have given me have given me the trots as well just what I needed, when does it get better xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When I had mine I had an infection. 6 weeks almost 7 and I still have infections. Hang in there... I was not on antibiotics until after week 2, so I think that is why I am still having complications.
  • Posted

hi marilyn yeah i was a bit rough after op, ihad antibiotics for an infection as well down my right side where i was stiched on my bikini line ,i had a red sore which was sore and felt hot , my antibiotics were for a week 4 times a day ,penacilin and after about three days of been on them it started to feel lots better the course ive finished now , just got recover now im on week 5 now after op, you will feel better about day 3 when start working, hope this as helped
  • Posted

Hello Firstly sorry your in pain and having problems, , today is only day 3 , give it time , I started to feel human in week two x just let your body heal in it's on special way x wish you better

• Posted

Hi Marilyn,

Glad that you're home, but sorry to learn that you're having problems. You came through the surgery and you're back at home, so you can start to heal.

Three different antibiotics is a lot to take! If you can tolerate it, have someone get you some yogurt so that you can counteract the effects of the antibiotics in your gut.  Because of the infection your outer and inner stitches may take longer to heal.  Inner stitches take at least 6 months.  Pleae be gentle with yourself and take it very, very easy! If you start to spike a fever, head to the ER!

Am thinking of you, and will keep you in my prayers! xx

Lynda

• Posted

HI lynda or anyone that can help, do i have to go on hrt , i dont want to , i want to try to do with out
    • Posted

If you don't want to go on HRT, don't.  Let your body settle for a while.  You'll know soon enough if you can do it.  Also, if you are overweight, remember that the fat in your body creates estrogen, too.

Best of luck, let me know how you do!

• Posted

Hi all home again, I have been back in hospital for the last three days, on iv antibiotics bombarded with them because they weren't working, massive oral doses, been so ill I can't believe it, had to start drinking 5 ml at a time and still being sick omg, still have to go to emergency clinic tomorrow xx

• Posted

Oh, how horrible!  From what you wrote I can only conclude that you got an infection!  Praying for you.  

When you feel up to it, please let me know what happened.  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.