Hi all I'm new here.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone from the Leeds area. How are you finding your doctor ? Do they take you seriously.

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not from Leeds, but just wanted to say welcome Jayne.  smile

• Posted

Hi Jayne, sorry I'm in Scotland but two years seeing two docs and kept being fobbed off with 'it's all because of your depression'. Saw a third one 6 months ago as couldn't get an appointment with other two and she sent me straight off to rheumatologist. Well I say straight off...my appt was Monday past! If you aren't diagnosed yet keep pushing, because no I wasn't taken seriously for far too long xxx

• Posted

Hi Jayne, I'm from Birmingham and docs don't take me seriously. It's this horrible condition, I'm finding everyone who I talk to that has it has had problems with doctors, the good thing is people on here have been more helpful and supportive than anyone and although it's slow I'm hoping I'm moving in the right direction. Hope you are ok?look up support groups in your area, I'm still trying to find one but there are some around.

• Posted

Hi Jayne

?I am from Brighouse. I have a brilliant GP. I wouldnt say he is an expert on fibromyalgia by any means but he listens and is very supportive. He is happy to suggest medication to try. I feel we work together to 'symptom bash' as there is no way to cure it, just manage the pain.

?The hospital is another matter though. I was told Huddersfield dont diagnose fibromyalgia as it has had some bad press! They diagnosed me with a long complicated sentence which basically said I had chronic all over pain for no apparent reason. Not really acceptable on a travel insurance form! They did say if I went to Halifax they probably would diagnose fibromyalgia (same health authority!).

?My advice would be to find a doctor you can talk to (I know that is hard) even if their knowledge of fibromyalgia is limited they should be willing to learn more about it.

Good luck

Yvonne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.