Hi all I'm new here, I'm having issues where my bosses think I'm drunk!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I'm having issues cause my meds are helping me but people think drunk! My boss has had a go at me twice, I'm not sure what to say or do, I know I need to take my meds but I'm worried I'm giving the wrong impression? Can anyone help with suggestions?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

First, discuss this problem with your doctor.  You may be able to change the time of day you take the meds that are causing the problem, and/or split the dosage into two, with a small dose in the AM, and the rest in the PM.   I have done this with my risperdal taking most at night and a small amount in the morning.  

Second, open up with yoir boss.  Let your boss know whatyou are going through and that you are trying to adjust your meds to eliminate the unwanted side effects. 

• Posted

Thank you I'm just getting use to taking them all so my body is adjusting and my eyes seem to tell a different story, thank you

• Posted

What is it that makes you appear drunk?
    • Posted

Supposedly my pupils look huge and I suppose I'm a little slower speaking when I've spent so long manic talking fast people noticed I'm sure that's what it is

• Posted

Hi Melissa, tell your boss you are on medication and then he will understand. My work know I am bi polar and that I take medication and they are really supporting. I also take my antipsychotic twice a day so am not too sedated during the day. What condition do you have and what meds are you on?

Lou x

• Posted

At the moment I'm in the trying different combination stage my lithium, setraline and mitazipine, dimazipan where needed. I feel better in myself but my other half has even said it seems to zombie me, ive been on the combo for over a month and it's started to kick in now.

• Posted

It just takes time for meds to settle. I am on lithium, citralopram and aripiprazole. You will get used to meds and working. I am going back fulltime on Mon

day. The girls at my work are great with me and look out for me. All the best.

Lou x

• Posted

You could just try and explain the medications sometimes can cause your problem although it does not cause any problems with your work etc.

Try an minimise and understand His concerns, if you do your work He should not complain 

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.