Hi av had anxiety now since kast feb

Posted , 4 users are following.

been on fluexatine now for 3.5 week and feel really bad rang doc this morning want me to go in tomozto talk about going on venlafaxine any ideas

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been on venlafaxine for 3 plus years now. What I have found unfortunately, no one knows what will work OR not work for another. My first year of being on medicine's was the worst. My Dr changed my medicine at least 5-6 times. Which I was ready to throw in the towel. Until finally, my Dr and I found the right one for me. When I found this website, I was having issues with the medicine, but different manufacturers ugh. I'm happy to announce I have that resolved now, after going through two weeks HELL. I'd quit my job and now I'm looking for another job, wish me luck. Dubbie, I wish you luck and keep me posted.
  • Posted

I was on flux before the Ven as it didn't do anything. I've been on Ven for 15 years. It worked well for me. I'm currently on week 8 of not taking it. Just be aware the side effects coming off are horrendous. You will see this reading most people's forum on here. If you do take them keep yourself monitored at the docs. They tend to leave you on and forget. Best of luck X
    • Posted

Been off the veneflaxine for 8 weeks. Was on it for 15 years. Prior to the Ven I was on Prozac but it did nothing for me x
  • Posted

Hi Dubbie, what was your anxiety in regards to?  What was the trigger back in February, if you don't mind sharing?  There are lots of alternative things that one can do outside of meds - did you get therapy at some point?  Cognitive behavior therapy is helpful, as well as mindfulness meditation and other things.   I broke that name up hoping it would get by the moderators :-)

I'd been on ven for 12 years before tyring to go off last year, horrific protracted discontinuation syndrome ensued and I ended up back on it.  Now doing a slow taper off over probably the next year.  I wish I'd never gone on!  I started AD use 19 years ago falling for the Prozac hype that taking that pill could make you feel great!  In taking pills I never dealt with the issues underlying the depression/anxiety, but am doing so finally.  Dealing with the negative inner dialogue, self-defeating chatter.  

I wish you relief however it may come.

• Posted

"I broke that name up hoping it would get by the moderators"

I've removed the information. Do not try to get round moderation like this. If you want to pass on specific details or practioner's names etc then you can use the private message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.