Hi Eileen

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have emailed your contact months ago but had no reply. I thank you for the help x

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm ok just forget it x
    • Posted

We've had it both ways,  my wife had breast cancer a few years ago and I cared for her down to administering injections and then this past year I have been dealt this blow and finding out last week that they have decided on fibromyalgia,  I felt lost as to how to help her back then and now it's the other way around.

At the moment I am a bit confused about everything as the Dr's have said they have no cure and very little to help so it's making me feel like it's all in my head. I fell and injured my neck, I have three prolapsed disc's to show for it but because my pain is in parts of my body that they say it shouldn't be then they won't treat my neck .

All confusing no matter how you look at it.

Anyway be strong and I hope you can be strong for each other....

• Posted

They may say they have no cure but that doesn't mean that there is not any. They can give you steroids which will help your pain and make you stronger to deal with what you have to. I wish you well
  • Posted

Sorry - I'm mystified by this thread. I'm afraid I don't remember the context - hardly surprising if it is months ago I think.
    • Posted

Hi Eileen, sorry if I have asked this before but because I have said that I want to come of pred, I have an apt next week for injection in my shoulder and at a later date injection in my hip. I'm ok with that but so u think this is the right way please xx
    • Posted

If you have PMR then oral longterm pred is the only answer I'm afraid. I know someone who is on injections of depot Medrol because she cannot take tablets because of gastric problems. It means an injection every few weeks. While I know she was doing OK to start with I don't know what has happened since. But pred is pred, whether it is as tablets or as injections.

If it is PMR then an injection may work for a few weeks but it won't have a lasting effect. If the shoulder/hip pain is bursitis rather than PMR the injections may work for longer. 

Do I think it is the right way? As I say, if it is really PMR, then probably not.

• Posted

Ok, thank you. I no I am being stubborn. Went to see my Mum today, she is in the last stages, how much more can I cry. Anyway, there is nothing anyone can do. What I am having a problem with is listening  to  people who have no idea.  they think they have the worst problems in the world. Not saying I have but They are so abusive xx
    • Posted

I'm so sorry, there is nothing I can say and I can't even envisage what it is like as both my parents died in hours and I wasn't anywhere near. Dad was 49 and I was 17, my mother was 79 and wanted to go while she was still reasonably fit - she had heart failure. She worked at her voluntary coffee bar in the morning and was dead by midnight - on her terms and in no pain or fear.

But I think you should consider staying on pred until this is forbye. The stress will not be doing your PMR any good and at present you need the mobility and physical help the pred is providing. There is plenty of time later to sort out whether you want oral pred or try something else. At present I think your mum needs you to be on pred.

And avoid the people who haven't got a clue. One day they will know what it is like too. You don't need them in your life at the moment - you have enough to cope with without feeding their egos.

• Posted

Thank you Eileen, I have no idea what u went through. I understand what you re saying But to be honest at the moment there is nothing that can alleviate it. I want to be with my Mum every moment even though she doesn't know me. I have to get on with it,  pain really hurts. Was there for my Dad and my Sister but I realise this is nothing I can do xx
    • Posted

Of course there isn't - and what I went through is peanuts compared with what you are facing. My memories are of heathy and happy adults - I have that to hold on to. You have already lost your mum because she doesn't know you and at the moment you are just marking time with only the fixed knowledge of how it will end. 

Do try to look after yourself - I know how difficult that is too. If you want to be with your mum - spend all the time sitting there that you can. There is time for everything else afterwards.

Take care.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, at the moment I feel (maybe sadly)  but I really feel  that how much more am I expected to cope with?  I have been the Mum of the family for so many years. I am really struggling now xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.