Hi everyone updates on symptoms and surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone i have not been to well this week and last week. I got my blood tests back and they are ok but my urine test came back ok aswell with no infection but im having really bad bladder pains and back pains and when i go to the toilet it hurts to? i went to the doctors again today with another urine sample because of this and he said it was fine?? even though i told him the symptoms so im now left with gallbladder pain and bladder and back pain to. I also asked about the lower back pain to see if that was to do with the gallstones but they was not sure and if this pain does not go away after my surgery then i have got to have another ultrasound scan down there sad My surgery for gallbladder removal is next thursday so im also getting very scared about it now as it is coming up so quickly now but im happy it is so hopefully that pain will stop. But what i would like to ask is did anyone else have really bad bladder and lower back pain with your gallstones or gallbladder problems and do you think this is why it is showing no infection because its to do with the gallbladder? im just really scared because it is really hurting and my op is only next week and wanted to be as well as i can be. My gallbladder is always playing up but i cant understand the bladder and lower back pains and keep needing the toilet and it hurts when i go to but doctors say no infection even though there was white blood cells before? So would love to know if anyone else has had bladder symptoms with gallstones and these types of problems? and some good storys about the surgery as im a bit scared again as its coming close now thanks everyone would be great if anyone has got any advice xx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi no doctor here. Have you tried ising ural? When I have uti I start using them usualy clears it. However if blood when you wipe and pain perhaps better to go to doctor. Maybe get kidneys checked for stones

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply i have been to the doctors and took a urine sample in but they said there was no infection but i have got symptoms of one and there is white blood cells in the urine test and blood cells in the urine test. I had my kidneys checked on a ultrasound when i had my gallbladder done to and liver and they said my liver was up but didnt say anything about the kidneys. One doctor did think it could be a kidney infection sent urine sample of and it came back as no infection again? so im not sure whats going on? hopefully its to due with the gallbladder and the stones im having surgery next week to remove my gallbladder so hopefully that will stop all this im hoping.
  • Posted

Hi Carmella

Try not to worry as that can make you feel rubbish all on its own. The surgery is actually not the issue and you will feel so much better without the defunct GB.

Just remember to take it easy and not over do it after do you can recover gently. But peppermint tea is good to help move the gas and walking about after surgery.

I have been told that if the stones are trying to move as in be passed out of the body then this can really hurt and would make sense with the bladder pain with urine passing. So drinking plenty of water to dilute & flush is good.

But again no Dr so hopefully once you get in for your op everything will correct itself and ask the surgeon questions when you go in so they know your concerns.

Remember some people find lower fat helps with recovery so get some bits in for after just to help ease everything .

You will be totally ok x

• Posted

Thankyou so much carol your message has really helped im so scared now as the op is so close now but i am happy at the same time because i dont want to be in this pain anymore. I will try the peppermint tea aswell and ill make sure i walk around after the surgery hopefully i wont be in to much pain sad thats what im also very scared about is how im going to feel after the surgery to and what to expect. My anxiety has been so bad over the last week i have been crying everyday and sometimes all day because of all of this, It really been such a hard time over the last months of having this i just really hope the surgery will help. Ill also drink alot of water like you said and see if it helps pass and ill also stick to a low fat diet i cant hardly eat anything at the moment aswell due to being so scared to eat and also when i eat the smallest things it feels like i have had loads and can digest. Hopefully like you said after the op my body will recover and sort its self out again thankyou so much x

• Posted

Hi Carmella, I'm so sorry that you've had a really bad time recently but you haven't got long now and you will have your gallbladder removed. 

I do wonder if as carol has said that perhaps you've got a gallstone thats moved and is working its way through your system.

Obviously you need to have your gallbladder removed but make sure that you tell the surgeon and they'll arrange for some tests afterwards to see if there are.

Good luck next week and we'll talk afterwards. 

• Posted

Hi katherine thankyou for your message and its been such a hard week my anxiety has been so bad to ive been crying everyday now and feel so down, i think its because of living so long in pain. The good thing is the surgery is next week and hopefully that will sort out alot of things that are wrong. Im just so scared as its my first surgery and im scared about how i will feel after it and i just really hope this helps because i so hate being in this much pain. like you said im going to tell the surgeons etc how im feeling before and also tell them about how scared i am so hopefully they can help me abit and talk me through it. When is your surgery again hun yours is soon now to? x
    • Posted

Hi Carmella, its not long now. Mine's the day before on the Wednesday. I've got to be there really early in the morning for 07.30 which means I've got to get up at 06.00 and leave at 06.30 but at least it means I've got less time to worry about it as hopefully I'll be the first one in.

I know how you feel I'm nervous and scared as you are about how I'm going to feel afterwards but I just keep thinking I have to have it done and it can't be any worse than everything I'm going through now.

Please don't get upset and look at the positives after the surgery when you'll be able to eat a normal diet again and not be in pain all the time. Have you read recently  on this site about those people that have had really positive outcomes and are doing fine.

I looked at my hospital website and there are alot of very positive feedbacks from people about the way the staff look after you, so that has helped me to know that I'll be in safe hands. I had a call from the hospital today to confirm the booking and to make sure that I haven't got a cold or anything that could delay the procedure.

Its funny but I think my husband is worrying more than me and getting more stressed than I am!

Look after yourself  and try not to get so upset, you can always message me if you want to. xx

• Posted

Hi katherine same here ive got to be there at 7.30 aswell like you said im happy its early in the morning and like you said i hope we will be the first once in.Im going to have a look at the comments i have not seen them yet and your so right i just want to be out of this pain and feel well again and be able to eat a normal diet again is going to be great. How did you find the new comments on people that had a good outcome is it in this group? Im trying not to get upset its just been so hard. I just hope after the op ill feel better and my mood will feel better and anxiety. I hope your surgery goes well and please update me on how you get on and thankyou so much ill message you soon xx
    • Posted

Hi Carmella, there was one today called 'positive experience' and one called 'been reading gallbladder removal horrors' recently too both have good outcomes on this group. Don't forget how many gallbladder removals are done every year, most don't go onto forums and they are fine so please don't worry. We're not living a acceptable lifestyle at the moment and don't forget if we don't get this procedure done then it'll get worse and neither of us can bear that, its hard enough as it is at the moment. 

Read those 2 discussions and it'll help make you feel better I'm sure. 

Try not to worry, its not long now and after we'll be more concerned with when we can drive again and which foods we'll try to eat next.

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Carmella & Katherine,

You two will have the best sleep after your ops, my daughter crashed out & ate loads when she came round as the anesthetiser made it easy for her to eat and she was starving from not being able to eat so she made up for it.

These feeds are really scary sometimes as a lot are like my daughter not straight forwards.

But people who had their ops at the same time as her are all ok & friends that have had it are all ok.

So keep positive, you will be able to eat & remember your peppermint teas in hospital and at home, I would 100% recommend the no dairy & free from foods to start with, no one said that to us and she did suffer, but since no dairy & free from food she has managed 2 days in the daytime eating & no pain. She is even coming back into work for a few hrs tomorrow. So although she has a suspected Oddi the diet really is starting to help her as well, so might be worth you doing some shopping for bits prior to your op. The lactose free milk with the Black cow on it really is just like normal she can't taste any difference in that product range at all, buttef, cheese yogurt all good.

It's helping her.

You will both be ok & good support network here for you with lots of ideas if needed.

Make the most of the sleep xx

• Posted

Hi Carol and thanks for your comments. I could do with a proper nights sleep as I haven't had one of those for months. Yes I've got lots of peppermint tea and I don't really eat much dairy anyway so hopefully everything will be fine.

I hope you're daughter goes from strength to strength x

• Posted

Hi carol thankyou so much and yes i to cant wait to get a night sleep with out getting up in pain. Im going to do what you said about the diet to and stick to no dairy and free from foods. When i found out i had gallstones i had to try and find out foods which were starting my attacks and dairy was a big one so im not going anywhere near dairy stuff i think its scared me so much much now. Im going to get the peppermint tea aswell ive never tried it before but ill give it a go if it helps. Im lucky i have my partner and family around to help out after otherwise i dont no what i would do. I just hope all these horrible symptoms go away after the surgery and we can start to have our lives back xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.