Hi fellow sufferers

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been on propranolol for around 6 years 40mg x 3 daily. The frequency of my migraines has decreased dramatically thanks to this drug. It also helps with my anxiety as well. I used to take days off work at a time when I had a migraine and working for the NHS as a radiology manager this stressed me out. The Dr initially put me on the propranolol for anxiety/panic attacks, but this drug has worked extremely well in reducing the frequency and severity of my migraines. I have a one today, but am not bed ridden, I'm sitting in the lounge and able to watch TV (something I never used to be able do before). I can't take tryptans so was prescribed codeine phosphate 60mg to take every 4 hours as needed. Both work wonders and I hardly have anytime off work now. Today I am on annual leave. The only down side of the propranolol is the weight gain issues with me, I have gained almost 2 stone over the years I have been on the drug. But weighing up the pro's and cons have decided to stay on the propranolol and have started dieting and excercising.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh I so agree....although the weight gain is horrible, this is nothing compared to the days off work caused by the debilitating effects of a migraine.

I don’t like taking a drug every day....but.......propranolol is definitely a miracle cure!

Stay well

• Posted

You are absolutely right. I was doing my own sick reviews at work due to my increased absence whilst suffering. Propranolol is excellent stuff though, hardly get them at all now.

you stay well too

• Posted

So I can take codridamol and my propans? Scared to but I'm sore! Not had to take any since being prescribed propans.. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.