Hi.. Got Lumps on both breasts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.. i noticed i had a lump on my right breast when i was 18 and somewhat steady (not moving) and got 2 doctors checked it and both of them said that it was hormonal imbalance. i just took vitamins and years later i had another check up to a homeopathic doctor and noticed that there is another lump in my left breast (moving) but it was smaller than the right side. she gave me medicines under the tongue and take extra conscious on my lifestyle especially the foods i eat.

Now, I am 28 years old and got a baby.. i noticed that there are times that it is painful like many needles are pointing on my breasts but not at all times. im so scared to have a mamograph because the doctor might recommend for a biopsy. im so scared about the result.. is there any remedies to take just to the lumps to disappear slowly buy taking medicines?? thak you..

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

How old is your baby?     
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi, Miss Marina... M baby girl is now 15months old. The doctor said that she cant assess fully because im still breastfeeding my baby. The lump on my left breast gets bigger esp. when its full of milk and easily gets smaller when my baby breastfed on it. While my right lump is steady.

can you give me some ideas about my situation. Thank you so much.. smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

As you are breastfeeding this may be just blocked ducts or even mastitis or cysts.. Many women experience discomfort with breastfeeding and sometimes a hot compress on the breast[s] can help the problem.    I wonder how long you are intending to breastfeed your baby?   Some women have naturally lumpy beasts and I guess you are one of them.  Its not usual to have a mammogram while breastfeeding as the lactating tissues can mask a true reading. It would be a good idea though to have one when you finally stop.   A mammogram gives a very good idea to your doctor what is going on and doesnt necessarily lead to a biopsy. You have to consent to a biopsy anyway. Sometimes an ultrasound scan is better for ladies under 40 as the breast tissue is much denser when you are young.      I dont know of any medicines to stop lumps and while you are breastfeeding you shouldnt be taking any type of medication,including homoeopathic,herbal etc as this will pass on to your baby.   Also please dont rely on alternative medicine to solve your problem.     
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi Ms. Marina!

hot compress made me feel relieved esp. when it gets lumpy due to fullness of the breasts. 

i am not decided on when to stop breastfeeding my baby.. maybe, until its empty.. because im thinking of my baby's benefits of my breastmilk.

is it ok if i will just do the ultrasound rather than the biopsy? because i have known with same cases who got removed their cyst or lumps and later on, another lumps were detected. 

i will have ultrasound after i stop breastfeeding my baby.

could the lifestyle we have like the foods we take can be one of the factors that made our lumps or cysts bigger and bigger?

im really afraid of the result... sad

thank you for responding to my messages.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up