Hi had plasma treatment 2 months ago.. slow going

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi had plasma treatment in May (yep very painful procedure, but worth it if it works) I'd had previously had 8 weeks of physio including manipulation and ultra-sound, used clasps ect. 3 lots of steroid injections (only got relief from one..)

Seems very slow to improve, i try not to write to much on computer, i am now having Acupuncture, and am continuing to do excersisies 2 or 3 times a day, with band and stretches, icing when needed. Not using anti-inflammotries as directed by consultant team....

has this treatment worked for others..... god i hope so, it;s debilitating and soul destroying....

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue,

Sorry haven't had this treatment but thought I would write to you and let you know that you have every sympathy.  You don't say where you had the treatment.  I hope things improve for you.

• Posted

hi sue

sorry to here this i havent had this treatment either but i wish you all the best and hope this helps you through  it sounds very daunting for you please let me send my sypthathy to you i guess this was done at bristol .

good look

• Posted

Had it 13 days ago. Still in a lot of pain. How are you know
  • Posted

Hey sue. How are you doing now with the PRP injection. I had mine 2 weeks ago. Still in pain. 
    • Posted

very very early days yet, you should be starting to do stretching the tendon out now , i did it at least 3 or four times a day .... it will take up to 5 months to be right .. so don't give up with the physio, icing good, do not take bruphen xxxx

• Posted

Hey Sue today its 3 weeks since PRP and yesterday and today its very sore arm. Ive been doing the Flexbar by Theraband for about a week with the red and now changed to green band 2 days ago and thats why I think its been so sore. Will see my orthopedic DR in 2 weeks for maybe a second prp. Very debilitating condition. how long has it been since your prp, and how is your elbow now. hope all is well
  • Posted

I had PRP treatment as well on my Tennis Elbow. I asked the guy taking the blood why there were 2 of them, and found out after he returned with the PRP to inject. One to inject and one to hold you still. Yes...it does really hurt, BUT mine went away within a week and I have never had a twinge since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.