Hi I am 1 year post PKR on my left knee and 6 wks post PKR on my right.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am 12 months post PKR on my left knee on the medial side and 6wks post PKR on the right medial. I am still experiencing a burning type pain on the inside of the medial compartment of the left knee where the joint was replaced. If I push my finger on the joint I can pin point the pain.

I wondered if any one else has experienced the same thing and what may be causing it could there be a problem with the replacement, I can walk fine.

Thanks Rob

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The burning sensation is the nerve endings healing.  Lots if massage, preferably in one direction.  Or you can try acupunture, depending what country you are in, you can buy variations from the chemist/pharmacist
    • Posted

Thankyou Sueisobel I will try that. I hope it will improve

Regards Rob

• Posted

Rob, I am two months out from my TKR and still have the same burning/numbness as you in the same place as you.  I am told it is totally normal and will go away.  My PT does massage with Eucerin lotion and this helps.  It will go away and you are on the right path!
  • Posted

I will be 8 wks post TKR on Monday, and I have the same burning pain in the same place you describe.

As Sue and Amy say, it is normal and to be expected during the recovery period. I have also found relief with my tens unit and ice.

Just keep moving it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.