Hi i got told yesterday that i have got fibro

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been in pain for over 4 years now it started after a neck injury i have all over pain especially neck and back also have tmj and ibs have had all blood work normal but my gp wants them done again in a week and MRIs all normal. Got told i have fibro yesterday can anyone tell me the best meds to take as my gp wont prescribe until blood work results. I feel really down at min due to the pain and get dizzy which i think is due to the anxiety

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  Who diagnosed you with Fibro? have you actually seen a Rheumatologist yet, if not then it might be a good idea to ask your GP for a referral to see one asap.  They will do the necessary tests and will be able to hopefully offer something to help with the pain.  x

• Posted

Hi

It was my gp and he has not referred me yet as he wants more bloods done first which i have next Mon then back to see him the following Mon but the pain is awful at the moment thinking it could be the cold weather which is affecting me

• Posted

The cold certainly seems to affect my aches and pains, so that possibly isn't helping.  I can't understand though why your GP won't prescribe any pain meds at all, in my opinion, that's hardly fair on you.  I think I would want to seek a second opinion.  I really feel for you Mark, all of us on here know what pain is like and how it drags you down.  Big gentle hugs. x  

• Posted

Hi mark0904, when doctors don't know what we are going through in terms of pain they call it fibromyalgia, I agree though get a second opinion so that you can get some pain relief, I've been on tramadol, naproxen, paracetamol dihydrocodeine, gabapentin, pageblin not sure if I'm spelling them right, but those to name a few, death for me has been very appealing. Anyway I don't want to depress, what I can suggest is see if you remove some stresses that helps. I've got ibs too, and feel dizzy, that's probably the meds but my pharmacist suggested grating fresh ginger to and then giving it a good whisk with a glass of water, sieve and drink without the bits.

• Posted

I have been on all the meds. Gabapentin is good for tingling sensation but not pain for me. The only thing that help me get a little relief is Elavil. It's an antidepressant but is helps. Cymbalta, Lyrica did work for me. Everybody response to meds differently. There is a butrans patch that you change once a week. Only issue is that it's expensive so you have make sure your insurance covers it. The patch help with my pain the most but I couldn't afford it. Cost from 300 plus depending on the dose. I hope this is helpful.

• Posted

Hard to do, I know but Try to stay strong and possitive. At least you have been diagnosed, wait for the bloods and take things a step at a time.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Mark sorry to hear you are feeling so much pain at the moment, sadly there is not much that helps the pain other than prescription drugs! And sometimes not even them. Heat can help give a little relief. I am sorry I'm not much help but you will get lots of lovely people give their ideas on here. Gentle hugs to you x

• Posted

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I remember the days of tests and the infectious disease doc wouldn't let me have anything stronger than ibuprofen when testing. I would sit there in his office and cry at times it was so bad.

When I was diagnosed they gave me some scripts but I wound up having all sorts of side effects. I wound up going with supplements. Each of us is different with symptoms and what works for us. You will come up with a pain management plan. We are here for you. Stay strong!

• Posted

Thank you for all your replies i am hoping to see my go today to get some pain relief will keep u all posted
  • Posted

Hey Mark. Just checking in with you. I was wondering how you made out at your doctor's appointment and if the meds they gave you are working?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.