Hi I have been on Flouxitine tablets for 21 days an my anxiety is up the wall ,

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Flouxitine for 21 days am my anxiety is up the wall , my doctor said to come of these on Sunday an start sertlaline on Thursday don't think I have it in me to start from day one again any advice please ? Xx

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can use herbs for depression and they're very effective and they can enhance your energy levels while lifting your moods.

I take the following (for ME) St John's Wort, Damiana, Ginseng, and Ginkgo biloba. They work very well together.

• Posted

I've been in your position. The Fluoxetine I was taking was fine at first but then I started to have serve panic attacks lasting more than an hour and ending up in a 2am visit to A&E.

I went to my GP and he gave me a new one called Paroxetine and this has been working good for my depression and (more importantly) my anxiety. Touch wood, I've not had a panic attack since.

If you have any issues with your medication you need to speak with your GP. There are almost always alternatives.

• Posted

the depression med takes time to work around 3~4 weeks. So i think you might want to hold on to the flouxitine for few more days. If it doesn't work and doesn't get better anymore, you can always change your med, since there are lots of different medication in SSRI. Talk to your doctor, and till then keep take flouxitine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.