Hi I have recently tried the Transtec Buprenorphine pat...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have recently tried the Transtec Buprenorphine patch. With great success with pain relief - however due to excessive nausea/vomiting had to stop. Tried taking Domperidone and Stemetil for the sickness without success.

Would be useful to know what anti-sickness medication were found to be most effective with this drug induced sickness.

Many thanks

(Great website ) :-)

[i:05c99a13a5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:05c99a13a5]

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ive just gone onto the Fentanyl patch. What is your pain - what is it caused by?

Just wondering as im not having that good experience with the Fentanyl, as it doesnt have the pain reliefe of the Methadone I used to take.

[i:8188a7fab3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8188a7fab3]

• Posted

Hi, I started using Fentanyl about 4 months ago. The sickness is horible and I have tried many different sickness tablets without success. I was on the middle strengh of 50. I have sinse gone down to the lowest strength and top up with co-codamol 30/500 4 times a day. I find the pain is much better and the sickness has stopped ( but I do sometimes feel sick). Maybe you could try this combination of pain relief as I have suffered over 2years with back pain and have had 2 spinal operations. These operations do not take the pain away by the way.

[i:f9675265cb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f9675265cb]

• Posted

[i:ea02cb6976][color=red:ea02cb6976][/color:ea02cb6976]

hi

i ahve been put on Transtec Buprenorphine patches for around 2 months now and i find odancatron (spellin may be wrong thats how is sounds thou)

anti sickness pills work i asked my pain nurse as all other sickness pills do not work on me ( i have crohns disease and back pain under investigation)and i am now under a chonic pain team in my hospital

i hope this helps

smile :wink: 8) :!: :!: :!:

[/i:ea02cb6976]

• Posted

Hi ask your doctor for ondansetron wafers. You will feel better in minutes
  • Posted

Guest for the life of me I don't understand how you say you have tried Transtec Bupremorphine patch with great success!! Then you go on to say you had 'excessive nausea and vomiting!'  You call this successful?
  • Posted

I also suffer nausea from Fentanyl and to control it I use Ondansetron 4mg wafers. If that hasn't worked within 15-20 minutes I then take a stemezine.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.