Hi I'm 35 I went to hospital A&E with bad stomach pains and they took my blood pressure and was high

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm young fit eat healthy and the doc took my pressure and it was 180/120 on Sunday then been today it's 130/100 it's dropped but still high does this need medication and should I be worried I have a constant headache feel rotten too hoping tomorrow be better day can anyone hrlp

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry your feeling rubbish, what did registrar say regarding BP and your reasons for going A&E was he concerned

• Posted

He said due to stomach pain my blood pressure has risen and didn't seem concerned it's come down s little but still high I'm just wondering what next step is or will it come down now pain has gone

• Posted

Andrew, if the stomach pain was due to a virus or infection, then that could be the reason for the raised blood pressure.  It's now heading in the right direction albeit the diastolic still has some way to go.  The headache could be due to the raised BP or, as you say you are still feeling rough, is it possible that you are suffering from a virus such as gastric flu?  Have you got a temperature?  I'm surprised that A&E just brushed you off with the blood pressure that high without any further advice.  If the headache persists, and the systolic blood pressure hasn't improved in the next day or two, you should get it checked out with your GP.

• Posted

I agree with mrs.O. You should get it checked again there must be some underlying cause if you are in that good of Health. I agree pain will make it go up but I don't think it should go off the high. This should be on a small dose of bp med until it is investigated. Please let us know what. Is happening. Diana. 💚🐸?

• Posted

When I am in pain I spike extremly high blood pressure, many is the time hospital has asked who my GP is to get what my normal readings are confirmed. Also medication can cause high blood pressure, I was given an arthiritis drug that for me is life threating, as my blood pressure was so high even frightened Dr's. Medication now has a warning that for a small number of patients needs to be monitored carefully, I am still taking arthirits meds but at half the normal dose. Chemist has asked a number of times why I am only on 10mg, when normal dose is 20mg.

• Posted

Very similar situation..been having gastric probs and horrible intermittent pain..when hungry after food etc etc  and BP monitored, on Thurs with 24 hr monitor on..I looked at it as once and it had spiked at 210/110 phoned surgery ....told me not to look again n relax ha ha...went back yesterday...gave me low does meds for BP..,my own last two readings 135/75 delighted..as for stomach ..getting fast tracked to have a camera down...could be Ulcer so hope that helps Andrew ...our bodies are complex, but I worry and so glad got to see a doc yesterday when dropping BP monitor off to be analysed
    • Posted

Follow on..got excited about BP  dropping..then hey ho last night and today way over 170/84..cannot understand what is going on, got date for camera down..hopefully this pain has something to do with BP spikes..who knows..hope all is resolved folks suffering the unknown.
  • Posted

It seems the cause of your stomach pain needed to be addressed by GP. Did he say of any infection that caused it? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.