Hi im from canada and have every symptoms, except siezures

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 30. It started about Christmas last year. Well when it took on major changes. I have to wait for a MRI till September. I'm on welfare, can't drive, use a cane around my place and a walker for anything longer. I'm in crazy amount of pain and slowly going insane. What should I do? I can't control my temper and never cried like this. Before. 2 weeks ago it was so bad I had to take ambulance I was falling and couldn't get out of bed. He gave me valium and sent me home. Neroulgist has no time for me ever and said I was fine but to please my doctor he'll give me a MRI. I don't know what to do. Sorry for grammar I can't think straight and hands are. Numb and in lots of pain.any ideas for management till September? Thanks in advance!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am afraid I am not much help, as I am in the U.S., but is it normal in Canada, if on welfare you must wait so long?  It sounds like you need to find another doctor, one that takes a caring interest in you!!  I can not imagine you must wait until September like this!!  This is too long for you to be like this without management!!!  Do you have family, or friends that can help you in the mean time?  It might help to have someone with you to help out, if nothing else, just for emotional support.  I can certainly understand you being so upset, this must be very difficult for you, to say the least.  I can only pray for you to be seen sooner, and to ease your situation.  If you feel like venting, please feel free to visit the forum any time, that is what we are here for!  I hope someone from your area can respond with more information for you.  In the mean time, I wish you luck and peace.  God Bless you Craig!  (don't worry about your grammer, we are not here to judge anyone!)  Sending you a virtual {{{{HUG}}}}  We all can use those!
  • Posted

Hi I'm in UK we have to wait ages here for MRI too, though if we go to emergency A&E they may send you. It's unfair to wait tgat long. I use a pain gel, I have a phobia about Doctors and hate going, it git worse because of ms and seeing so many. The previous person replying us right, go back ir change Dr. People with Ms dint usually get seizures that's epilepsy. Cramping/spasms is usual. Watch what's in your food as aspartame/asulfame (phenalalymine) us really bad and gives ms symptoms ir makes ms worse. It's also normal to get frustrated and moody. I use hypnotherapy for relaxation, try deep breathing. Good luck and cine back. Hugs
  • Posted

Thanks for the advice and insight ladies. I hope someone close to me can help me out. I'm willing to move if nessesary. I also will keep using this forum for piece of mind. I hope we continue to support each other. You ladies don't have any idea how much you've already done for me tonight. Its hard how fast it hit me. Some people I think are thinking I'm lying or playing around. I know now I am not. Thanks!
    • Posted

We understand you, and can understand your frustration!  People without illness just don't understand, or can't be bothered, you don't need those people around you at the moment.  You need possitive people around you, as it will help your mind as well as your body.  We know it is very difficult, but try to remain as calm as you can, and really try to find those family or friends to help you out for a while.  There are times, we just need to have the presents of others to help us through the really tough times...and this is one of those times for you!!  And if it is possible, I think a new doctor is in order.  One with a good bed side manner!!  I hope you have a good night!  XO
  • Posted

Yep Deidre is right, its very frustrating, I found it a relief to get a diagnosis. I hope Canada is better once you get one. Only you know how you feel, not your Dr or friends or us, its a very individual thing dint allow anyone to judge you they cannot walk in your shoes, but we can try walk alongside you ;-). Try not to be too scared, easier saud than done I know but I've has ms for quite a while, my mum had it, sge passed in October after breaking her hip and went into shock after the hip replacement and didn't recover, sge was 80 and could have lived longer had she not fallen or had osteoporosis. There's new progress on Ms including that stem cell. Again sending you positives ...you'll gave good days and bad days ..hopefully more good to come. 🌈
  • Posted

Hi Craig, have you had your B12 checked? Symptoms of a deficiency can mimic MS, cause balance problems and numb and tingling hands or feet, and cause mood disorders and depression.

Doctors are using an outdated range, typically below 200 pg/nL is the low cutoff. Neurological issues are known to occur below 500, the range from 200 to 500 is considered the gray area. Healthy people are 900 and above.

It's worth checking this as it's a simple blood test your doctor can order (your neurologist should have thought of it). Don't supplement B12 until after the test as it can result in falsely high levels.

How do I know all this? It happened to me. By the time my B12 was finally tested, I was gravely ill and had shooting pains in my legs, terrible moods, had difficulty sleeping, and felt just horrible. My B12 was 196, just barely under the cutoff (thankfully or I wouldn't be here today as it is eventually fatal). Mine was caused by pernicious anemia which my doctor tested for after I insisted that my "slightly lowered B12" (his words, not mine) be investigated further and treated.

• Posted

P.S. You should still get the MRI even if your B12 is low. A prolonged deficiency can damage your spinal cord, called subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord, or SACDS. If present it should show up in a MRI that is taken using T2 with contrast based on what I've read.
  • Posted

I hade it checked in February. It was good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.