HI, My knee dislocated and i need some advice.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, recently about 3 weeks ago I dislocated my knee & popped it back into place.  It was very quick, it popped out of place and back in on its own.  Now my knee is starting to give out, it doesn't exactly hurt to walk on it, but it does hurt to bend it. It also feels like something is trying to block me from bending it. The pain on a scale of 1 - 10 is about a 3. I scheduled a doctors appointment today, but have I caused lasting damage to my knee by not seeking medical attention immediately? How serious is my condition and should I be worried. Thank you for your time!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'd go to Doctor if I were you, most of us in this knee group have had replacement knees, good luck hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hi, my knee used to dislocate on a regular basis, it had been grating and painful for years, yet I was still surprised when I was told I needed a new knee.

Once you get to that stage, usually it's either worn out or you have some loose cartilage.

I had both mine replaced, the second one a year ago, and some stiffness but so much better. I wish I had it done years ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.