hi my name jenny

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have suffered from anxiety all my life some times i have over come it or i have fell apart. i have never taken medication and im waiting on theorpy. i was wondering if anyone knew of any tatic i can apply because i feel the doctor havent gave me a lot of advise. whilst i a wait my theorpy thank you

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

how long until your therapy?
    • Posted

Are you okay to wait, or are you looking for other options?
    • Posted

im looking for tips on how to handle to things a bit better why i wait x
    • Posted

This forum can definitely help, but have you also considered online therapy?
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

What are the manifestations of your anxiety? Panic attacks? Pain anywhere? I have nasty digestive problems.. I know when I am with friends, not alone, its easier.. I eat slower and don't get heart racing..

I have still to try CBT..

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, I have pain everywhere especially the head sensation. Scares me to death. I'm not on meds but do you have advice?
    • Posted

hi i get some panice attack but more than offered it affects my sleep sometime i cant sleep for ages. and when i have a headache i panic thinking im dying all the time. i noticed when im on my monthy it increase the aniexty stress. i do find it easier someday when some like a close friend comes around it take it of my mind abit
    • Posted

yeah that something what i feel i could try why awaiting my therapy
  • Posted

Hello Jenny I'm not on meds either and I'm looking for a therapist hoping that will work for me. I suffer badly with the head sensations and trying to clean the house sends my mind racing. I am trying the anxiety apps my doctor acts as if it's nothing mainly because he is not experiencing what I am.
    • Posted

hi it is hard when we dont choose to take the medication. and when doctors act like it not big deal. i find that also with alot people who dont understand what it like. i heard theropy is a good step forward to helping i would look for a theropist if i was you and go and try and get all out and i feel it will work well im hoping
  • Posted

I have also always suffered from anxiety and now I also suffer from agoraphobia.  Maybe if I had gotten help at an earlier age I wuldn't be like this today.  I keep items with me at all times that help me to distract myself.  I was also told to ground myself by stopping whatever I am doing even when I am not having anxiety and pick a color and look around where I am to find and say outloud everything that was that color.  I hope that these help you.
  • Posted

Try to make time every day to get some peace and quiet. Have you ever tried guided meditation?  I recommend it, because it is simple.  I recommend guided meditation because you listen to what the voice tells you do.  Recommend doing it daily for 5-10 minutes or more.  It is easy for all of us to get caught up in the day to day stresses, and need to take time to relax the mind and body. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.