Hiatal hernia chiropractor

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiaital hernia - chiroprctor

Having been informed I have a HH although not told how large and also informed I need to lose two stone before I can be considered for surgery I have been trawling the net on methods of solving the problem naturally. In doing so I have found a video illustrating how a chiropractor can use manipulation to ease the problem. So my questions are given the video was filmed in the USA is the same treatment available in the UK and as anyone used a chiropractor and if so was it worth the money.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am aware of the technique that in some cases can ease a sliding hiatus hernia back from the thorax into the abdomen.

It is controversial. If your sliding HH is that loose, it can easily slide back. If you are carrying excess weight, it would be more easily pushed back up again.

I am sure you could find a chiropractor who would be prepared to do it in UK. I know of someone who had it done in Cambridgeshire but his came back almost immediately.

I did discuss it with my osteopath who said it sound a rather risky procedure that could pose other dangers.

For most people HH is not a real problem and is usually best left alone but it can obstruct the working of the Lower Oesophageal Sphincter and exacerbate reflux.

• Posted

Thanks again Barretts sounds like good advice again.
  • Posted

No, whatever you do dont see a chiropractor, he/she wont manually pull your stomach down they use something called "vertebral subluxation". Basically they say they can cure your hernia by manipulating your spine, cracking your neck etc. I spent over 200 quid with zero results. They will keep getting you back in for as long as youre prepared to keep paying. The best method I found was drinking 2-3 pints of warm water and jumping around as much as i could, arms outstretched. This has helped greatly, cheers.
    • Posted

Thanks Ian funnily enough I have just started doing that Ted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.