hiatus hernia excess throat mucus

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI,

Does anyone get loads of white clear mucous in their throats and on their chest.

I am very s.o.b. at times, tired and coughing for months to clear the muck.

Have had 2 chest rays the last 7 days ago clear, 02 sats normal.

Was having indigestion so had scope in jan and then the cough started along with pain between spine and shoulderblade on right. Had thoracic spine mri clear.

Just worried that no one else has mentioned mucousy cough.

Does anyone else get that

Maria

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I have constant mucus especially first thing in the morning.  Some mornings I actually feel mucus running down the back of my throat and it almost feels like I have a ball stuck just under my breast bone and burp quite alot during the day.  I was told years ago it was a hiatus hernia but have not actually had the camera down the throat as they said if I can control it myself ie watch what foods I eat that might spur off the tight feeling in chest etc then that would be the ideal situation.  I have good days when I have nothing but like today constant clearing my throat and have like I have this golfball stuck, gets me down but I dont think me getting anxious everyday about it helps much.   What other symptoms do you get?
    • Posted

Hi Caron,

Thanks for replying, my main symptom is s.o.b. do you get this.

I also get pressure behind the breastbone and pain near right shoulder.

The mucous is horrid and is constantly in my throat.

Some mornings I have nausea. Do you cough a lot to clear the muck

Maria

• Posted

Hi Yes cough alot until its cleared and most days having to clear my throat as feel like have musus stuck tomy tonsils.  I stopped drinking coffee and drink mostly water which to be honest doesnt really help that much.  Sometimes I too frightened to eat as I feel like food goes down slowly and certain foods feel like getting stuck or going down really slowly.  Somedays I get the pain inbetween shoulder blades too and at moment I wake up most mornings quite ealry as feel uncomfortable behind breastbone and can only sleep on my back most nights.  Really gets you down and know how you feel but check out other peoples comments on this site as all very helpful.
  • Posted

I know these posts are old.  Did anyone find a cure for the mucous problem.  I am experiencing this for quite awhile.  Constant mucous and spiriting out mucous.  Any help would be appreciated.

thank you

lynda

• Posted

I am a male age 53. I have excess mucous problem also and cough.

So what works me is I use one or two cloves (spice) and keep it in my mouth (do not chew). Believe it or not, within minutes (around 5 min) it clears up my congestion and throat clearing.

I believe it acts as anti-inflammatory.

Not sure if this works everyone. Please give it a try.

• Posted

Yes! I know it's been years but please let me know how you're doing and if anything worked for you. I'm in the same boat. I'm getting worn down by the constant pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.